Sign in to follow this  
mcneck

Has ths ever been done before

mcneck   

If Castillo gets hot and gets to 20 HR somehow the Orioles can field an entire lineup with 20 or more home runs. I don't ever remember a team doing that. Has it been done before?

mcneck   

C Castillo

1b Davis

2b Schoop

SS Beckham

3b Machado

RF Trumbo/Mancini

CF Jones

LF RF Trumbo/Mancini

Crap forgot DH xD

8 guys is still impressive and I doubt it has been done before

PaulFolk    Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird
1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

The 1996 team had a bunch. 

Yeah, the '96 team had seven 20-HR guys. The 2017 team looks to be on pace for six, though there's an outside chance Castillo and/or Smith could get there.

PaulFolk    Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird
1 minute ago, mcneck said:

C Castillo

1b Davis

2b Schoop

SS Beckham

3b Machado

RF Trumbo/Mancini

CF Jones

LF RF Trumbo/Mancini

Crap forgot DH xD

Beckham gets an asterisk. He only has 5 homers with the Orioles; the other 12 were with the Rays.

mcneck   
3 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Yeah, the '96 team had seven 20-HR guys. The 2017 team looks to be on pace for six, though there's an outside chance Castillo and/or Smith could get there.

Murray split the season with Cle in 96 so they had 8. Same as Beckham this year

• Like 1

mcneck   
3 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Beckham gets an asterisk. He only has 5 homers with the Orioles; the other 12 were with the Rays.

Yeah I guess

El Gordo    Bird Bird

If you went by position you might get 9 . Beef and Caleb have combined for 21. RF so far has at least 16.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

If you went by position you might get 9 . Beef and Caleb have combined for 21. RF so far has at least 16.

SS only has 8.  Beckham with 5 and Hardy with 3.  Tejada had none.  

sfosfan   
1 hour ago, mcneck said:

Murray split the season with Cle in 96 so they had 8. Same as Beckham this year

If you count Murray, then you need to count Todd Zeile who it 20 with Phil before coming over. The other really crazy stat about that team? If Hammonds hits one more and Devereaux 2 more, that would give you 10 guys with at least 10 home runs.  I don't think that's ever been done before

Frobby    Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird Bird
4 hours ago, hoosiers said:

That 96 team could mash.  It should have been our year.

They didn't pitch well.   5.14 ERA, 8th in the league.    Moose had a 4.81 ERA and still won 19 games with that offense behind him.  

• Upvote 1