Sign in to follow this  
backwardsk

2017 Redskins

After the third preseason game, I see the 53 man roster looking like this:

Cousins, McCoy, Sudfeld (3)

Kelley, Perine, Thompson, Brown (4)

Pryor, Crowder, Doctson, Grant, Davis (5)

Reed, Davis, Sprinkle, Paul (4)

Williams, Lauvao, Long. Scherff, Moses, Roulier, Kouandijo, Nekhe (8)

Allen, Taylor, McLain, McGee, Lanier, Ionnidis (6)

Kerrigan, Brown, Foster, Smith, Gillette, Anderson, Spaight, Compton, Carter (9)

Norman, Breeland, Fuller, Moreau, Holsey, Dunbar (6)

Swearinger, Everett, Cravens, Nicholson, Blackmon (5)

Way, Sundberg, Hopkins (3)

A few misfires.  Taylor got hurt, and Hood makes it.  

I was right on five receivers, but Quick in Davis PS.

They carry five safeties originally, but they go with UFA McClure instead of Blackmon, the vet.  Then this Cravens thing hits and the add an O lineman Clemmings.

Kuaondijo gets cut, and Kalis makes it.  They go with 2 QBs allowing LB/S Harvey-Clemons to make it.

I think that was 47 out of 53.  The redskins homepage has a 54 man roster with four guards which is obviously wrong.

Narrowly escaped with a win against San Fran yesterday.  IMO, the refs helped keep them in the game and then helped us seal the deal with the pick call against Garcon on the final drive.  Why is it that we have such trouble finishing off teams?  We always seem to play down to the level of competition.  Other than the Oakland game, when was the last time this team really put it to someone?

2 hours ago, scarey1999 said:

Narrowly escaped with a win against San Fran yesterday.  IMO, the refs helped keep them in the game and then helped us seal the deal with the pick call against Garcon on the final drive.  Why is it that we have such trouble finishing off teams?  We always seem to play down to the level of competition.  Other than the Oakland game, when was the last time this team really put it to someone?

The Garçon pick was not a bad call.  It looked funky because they threw it to him instead of Hyde.

The Davis call was terrible.

The Redskins also had a Def TD overturned (correctly).

They should have gone up 21-0 when they had a 1st and goal from the five.  They left 5 points on the board (including the missed extra point).  They also gave up an additional four with Swearinger (I love that guy) personal foul at the end of the half.  Add in the VD TO and they should have easily covered the 10.5 spread.

Maybe Kyle can beat Dallas and avoid 0-7.

Losing Allen sucks big time.

19 hours ago, backwardsk said:

The Garçon pick was not a bad call.  It looked funky because they threw it to him instead of Hyde.

The Davis call was terrible.

The Redskins also had a Def TD overturned (correctly).

They should have gone up 21-0 when they had a 1st and goal from the five.  They left 5 points on the board (including the missed extra point).  They also gave up an additional four with Swearinger (I love that guy) personal foul at the end of the half.  Add in the VD TO and they should have easily covered the 10.5 spread.

Maybe Kyle can beat Dallas and avoid 0-7.

Losing Allen sucks big time.

I was pissed at the missed extra point, until I learned the Kicker is hurt/nicked up, kinda of hard to be mad, when its an injury.

late in the game, they go into prevent defensive and that can prevent a win.

but, they also had a bunch of guys in the defense go down (again) and the 49ers took advantage of that.