Sign in to follow this  
scOtt

@ INDIANS, 9/09

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

And what makes you think who they bring in to take over will be better? They aren't rebuilding.   

Be careful what you wish for.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Possibly, but it's irrelevant. He's 88 years old and running out of chances to ride in the limo at a victory parade. He'll do anything he can to improve the 2017-18 team that doesn't make him look a complete idiot, and some things that do make him look like a complete idiot. 

Obviously he won't do "anything".

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Possibly, but it's irrelevant. He's 88 years old and running out of chances to ride in the limo at a victory parade. He'll do anything he can to improve the 2017-18 team that doesn't make him look a complete idiot, and some things that do make him look like a complete idiot. 

The owner is relevant. He decides the course for the organization. 

Just now, scOtt said:

You HAVE to have the BIG starters to get deep into.... PA won't pay for that. And we can't develop enough.

Yeah, just looking at the Astros pitching staff in the postseason and I get queasy. 

Just now, NashLumber said:

Yeah, just looking at the Astros pitching staff in the postseason and I get queasy. 

Hope Harvey pans out by 2019.  

Just now, NashLumber said:

Cleveland too.

Ballgame.

Just now, Norfolk orioles said:

I'd say it was a fun season, but it really wasn't.

it was ugly, painful and at times unwatchable.

and of course we will get more of the same next year as well.

Comes down to the rotation next year. It has not been a fun season but as a whole not a lost one for the entire organization.  

3 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I wish he were. New ownership. No Dan and no Buck. 

I bet a lot, and by lot I mean percentage wise since they are not a numerous bunch, of Marlins fans were saying that.  Now you got Jetes wanting to pay himself 5M a year while slashing payroll to 55M.

Just now, eddie83 said:

And what makes you think who they bring in to take over will be better? They aren't rebuilding.   

You could be right.  The old man might just stay in his stubborn  "I never rebuild" mode, meaning the likelihood of returning to last place for a decade or so goes way up.   I hope not.  We need a new perspective at GM and Buck is not going to want to be in on a rebuild or a team that just is not good even though filled with his favorite veterans.

I think it will qualify as a rebuild if they deal or don't sign Manny.  But we will see.