ChuckS

End of season top 25?

1 minute ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Lowther, Bishop, Baumann and Hanifee could change that real quick with strong 2018 campaigns. It's realistic 2-3 could finish next season in Bowie. 

In my opinion, that's highly unlikely.    We heard that tune with Sedlock and Akin last offseason.     The jump from Aberdeen to Frederick is significant.    If any of the four ended the year in Bowie, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

23 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If Buck is solely concerned with winning explain Rickard in the lineup.

Or using Trumbo in right field while using Smith as a DH.  I was sick over that before Trumbo lost a fly ball and then knocked it into the stands.

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

I think Wells and Harvey have a decent chance to make it to Bowie by the end of next season.  

I am very interested to see how Wells will do as he goes up the ladder.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I am very interested to see how Wells will do as he goes up the ladder.

Don't know if it's relevant, but twin brother Lachlan had a somewhat dissapointing year in high A - though he had a solid WHIP.  As you know, he has 1 more year of minor league experience than Alex and was a bit more heralded when he signed.  

10 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Don't know if it's relevant, but twin brother Lachlan had a somewhat dissapointing year in high A - though he had a solid WHIP.  As you know, he has 1 more year of minor league experience than Alex and was a bit more heralded when he signed.  

I expect the O's to be very patient with Wells, the way they were with Zach Davies, a similar type of pitcher, though righthanded.    Zach pitched a full year at each MiL level and that plan paid off well (for Milwaukee, anyway).    So even if Wells has good success next year, I think he'll spend all year in Frederick.    He'll only be 21 and the O's can afford to be patient.   

3 hours ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Lowther, Bishop, Baumann and Hanifee could change that real quick with strong 2018 campaigns. It's realistic 2-3 could finish next season in Bowie. 

Hanifee is only 19.  You saw how the organization treated Wells this year, keeping him in Delmarva the whole season. 

The other three could certainly finish in Bowie if they are dominant. Sill looking at late 2019 or 2020 at the earliest that any will make an impact. 

I could see Akin making it to Baltimore next season and some of the fringe guys like Long and Hess.  Not a lot of immediate help on the horizon for sure.