Elbren

2017 Week 2: Ravens vs. Browns

Already had some roster moves this week.  

- Cleveland actually cut QB Woodrum last Thursday.  The Ravens brought him back and signed him to the practice squad.

- team restructured DT Brandon Williams contract.  They just signed him to this deal this offseason, but they converted $2.725M of his 2017 salary into bonus, clearing $2.18 million in cap space.  Just speculation on my part, but that can't be good news regarding Woodhead.  No reason to be reworking deals and clearing salary for this season unless you're planning to make another move.

Is it weird that this is looking like it'll be a harder game than Cincy?

Like I said in the other thread, Brown's looked better than the Bengals against a team that is better than the ravens (not on d).  

It's the difference between a bad offensive line and a good one.  I don't know how teams don't understand that.

2 hours ago, Elbren said:

Already had some roster moves this week.  

- Cleveland actually cut QB Woodrum last Thursday.  The Ravens brought him back and signed him to the practice squad.

- team restructured DT Brandon Williams contract.  They just signed him to this deal this offseason, but they converted $2.725M of his 2017 salary into bonus, clearing $2.18 million in cap space.  Just speculation on my part, but that can't be good news regarding Woodhead.  No reason to be reworking deals and clearing salary for this season unless you're planning to make another move.

Is it weird that this is looking like it'll be a harder game than Cincy?

What do you see happening with the Woodhead situation?

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

What do you see happening with the Woodhead situation?

No idea yet.  We have two RB's on the practice squad and Scott Garceau was speculating on an Adrian Peterson trade earlier today on the radio.  The thing is, Woodhead is more of a loss at receiver than he is at RB.  West and Allen just put up 151 yards rushing.  Meanwhile, we saw in one drive the difference in our passing game between HAVING Woodhead and NOT having Woodhead.

So what exactly do they do here?  Woodhead is a RB, but you already have a good/decent rushing RB tandem.  Woodhead is really a receiver, but you already have two pretty solid veterans (Maclin, Wallace) and a 1st round pick (Perriman) filling that role.  Honestly, the only thing I think they could/should trade for is a TE which would almost definitely cost one of our current TE's a job (I would assume Watson).

I look at like this. Woodhead was probably going to miss time this season eventually. Might as well get it out the way.

As if Woodhead won't just get hurt again immediately upon return. Guy is made of paper mache. Good fit for us but moronic signing in the sense he can't stay on the field.

Calling up Jeremy Langford from the practice squad. Still bothers me that we didn't keep Mizzell when he was behind made of glass Woodhead and hard runners but JAGs West and Allen.

Langford was terrible in Chicago. Dixon is the only real talent we have at RB. West and Buck Allen on a good team are backups. 

6 hours ago, Finisher said:

As if Woodhead won't just get hurt again immediately upon return. Guy is made of paper mache. Good fit for us but moronic signing in the sense he can't stay on the field.

Calling up Jeremy Langford from the practice squad. Still bothers me that we didn't keep Mizzell when he was behind made of glass Woodhead and hard runners but JAGs West and Allen.

It's important to note that Woodhead was placed on the IR to make room for Langford.  He was designated to return this season and I believe that you can only designate two players to return, meaning we've already used both of ours before Week 2 (Canady is the other).

Kenneth Dixon's suspension just got a little longer. He was already suspended 4 games because of PED's.  Now, he'll serve another 2 games for breaking the substance abuse policy.  :ohlord:

I'm surprised he only got 2 games.  Isn't the first suspension typically 4?  Not that it matters.  Between this and the fact that he's out the entire year w/ a knee injury, we won't be seeing Dixon on the field for quite a long time.

Current injury reports:

Ravens

Out - LB Z. Smith, CB J. Hill (thigh), CB S. Price (concussion)

Questionable - LB T. Williams (illness, has't practiced all week), WR Campanaro (shocking, I know - ankle)

J. Smith, Carr and Humphrey are once again the only healthy CB's.

Browns
Out - DE M. Garrett (ankle), DL T.Y. McGill (back)

1 hour ago, Elbren said:

Kenneth Dixon's suspension just got a little longer. He was already suspended 4 games because of PED's.  Now, he'll serve another 2 games for breaking the substance abuse policy.  :ohlord:

I'm surprised he only got 2 games.  Isn't the first suspension typically 4?  Not that it matters.  Between this and the fact that he's out the entire year w/ a knee injury, we won't be seeing Dixon on the field for quite a long time.

The link says he's already serving his suspension despite being injured.