Jump to content
Elbren

2017 Week 2: Ravens vs. Browns

Recommended Posts

Already had some roster moves this week.  

 

- Cleveland actually cut QB Woodrum last Thursday.  The Ravens brought him back and signed him to the practice squad.

 

- team restructured DT Brandon Williams contract.  They just signed him to this deal this offseason, but they converted $2.725M of his 2017 salary into bonus, clearing $2.18 million in cap space.  Just speculation on my part, but that can't be good news regarding Woodhead.  No reason to be reworking deals and clearing salary for this season unless you're planning to make another move.

 

 

Is it weird that this is looking like it'll be a harder game than Cincy?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said in the other thread, Brown's looked better than the Bengals against a team that is better than the ravens (not on d).  

It's the difference between a bad offensive line and a good one.  I don't know how teams don't understand that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elbren said:

Already had some roster moves this week.  

 

- Cleveland actually cut QB Woodrum last Thursday.  The Ravens brought him back and signed him to the practice squad.

 

- team restructured DT Brandon Williams contract.  They just signed him to this deal this offseason, but they converted $2.725M of his 2017 salary into bonus, clearing $2.18 million in cap space.  Just speculation on my part, but that can't be good news regarding Woodhead.  No reason to be reworking deals and clearing salary for this season unless you're planning to make another move.

 

 

Is it weird that this is looking like it'll be a harder game than Cincy?

 

What do you see happening with the Woodhead situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

What do you see happening with the Woodhead situation?

 

No idea yet.  We have two RB's on the practice squad and Scott Garceau was speculating on an Adrian Peterson trade earlier today on the radio.  The thing is, Woodhead is more of a loss at receiver than he is at RB.  West and Allen just put up 151 yards rushing.  Meanwhile, we saw in one drive the difference in our passing game between HAVING Woodhead and NOT having Woodhead.

 

So what exactly do they do here?  Woodhead is a RB, but you already have a good/decent rushing RB tandem.  Woodhead is really a receiver, but you already have two pretty solid veterans (Maclin, Wallace) and a 1st round pick (Perriman) filling that role.  Honestly, the only thing I think they could/should trade for is a TE which would almost definitely cost one of our current TE's a job (I would assume Watson).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at like this. Woodhead was probably going to miss time this season eventually. Might as well get it out the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if Woodhead won't just get hurt again immediately upon return. Guy is made of paper mache. Good fit for us but moronic signing in the sense he can't stay on the field.

Calling up Jeremy Langford from the practice squad. Still bothers me that we didn't keep Mizzell when he was behind made of glass Woodhead and hard runners but JAGs West and Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Langford was terrible in Chicago. Dixon is the only real talent we have at RB. West and Buck Allen on a good team are backups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Finisher said:

As if Woodhead won't just get hurt again immediately upon return. Guy is made of paper mache. Good fit for us but moronic signing in the sense he can't stay on the field.

Calling up Jeremy Langford from the practice squad. Still bothers me that we didn't keep Mizzell when he was behind made of glass Woodhead and hard runners but JAGs West and Allen.

It's important to note that Woodhead was placed on the IR to make room for Langford.  He was designated to return this season and I believe that you can only designate two players to return, meaning we've already used both of ours before Week 2 (Canady is the other).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenneth Dixon's suspension just got a little longer. He was already suspended 4 games because of PED's.  Now, he'll serve another 2 games for breaking the substance abuse policy.  :ohlord:

 

I'm surprised he only got 2 games.  Isn't the first suspension typically 4?  Not that it matters.  Between this and the fact that he's out the entire year w/ a knee injury, we won't be seeing Dixon on the field for quite a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current injury reports:

 

Ravens

Out - LB Z. Smith, CB J. Hill (thigh), CB S. Price (concussion)

Questionable - LB T. Williams (illness, has't practiced all week), WR Campanaro (shocking, I know - ankle)

 

J. Smith, Carr and Humphrey are once again the only healthy CB's.

 

Browns
Out - DE M. Garrett (ankle), DL T.Y. McGill (back)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elbren said:

Kenneth Dixon's suspension just got a little longer. He was already suspended 4 games because of PED's.  Now, he'll serve another 2 games for breaking the substance abuse policy.  :ohlord:

 

I'm surprised he only got 2 games.  Isn't the first suspension typically 4?  Not that it matters.  Between this and the fact that he's out the entire year w/ a knee injury, we won't be seeing Dixon on the field for quite a long time.

The link says he's already serving his suspension despite being injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Rumors and News






  • Posts

    • I would rather have Mark Reynolds than Mark Trumbo.  30 HR & 97 RBI & 2.8 WAR is a lot better than Trumbo produced.  Do the O's have any international slot money they can trade?  I'm predicting Trumbo + international slot money + cash for a mediocre 5th starter and a non-prospect.
    • You may or may not be a lifelong O's fan. But if you love baseball, and love the O's, the Yankees losing the next best thing to the O's winning. Just a fact based in reality. If you claim to be an O's fan, and are ambivalent to the Yankees winning in the postseason while O's fans lick their wounds, and need to go read a book,  I suggest "Non-Chalant Sunflower Seed Eating: a Guidebook" with a forward by Mark Reynolds.        
    • I wouldn’t need to get anything back, Trumbo has negative value. Either you play him and hopefully he’s good enough to offload at the deadline or you send something of value with him to make the deal palatable to the other team.  Losing him won’t hurt the O’s competitiveness, hell for the money the team saves, they could sign Jarrod Dyson or Howie Kendrick. Both of which would make the team better.
    • Not even close to the Browns who have, literally, decades of losing. We’ve won two Super Bowls during that time. I’m not trying to defend the product on the field, but we are more on par with a team like the Chargers, maybe?  As we’ve seen, being a rich business man doesn’t mean that you’re necessarily good at anything besides being a business man. 😂 We’re stuck with Joe at least one more season for cap reasons, right? I say Harbaugh is gone after this year, but Ozzie stays at least as long as Joe. I still trust Ozzie since I think a lot of it is that he’s hamstrung by the Flacco contract, which was unavoidable at the time we signed him. One of these days, though, he’s going to need to draft a WR who doesn’t bust.
    • I like the thought but considering we plan on competing this coming season, it might not be the best idea to trade a (arguably) useful player to a team that is already better than us.  I'd personally do Trumbo for Holt in a heartbeat, though. 
    • With bacon and onions. Yes!
    • Looks like the Mets are going to hire Cleveland pitching coach Mickey Callaway as their new manager.
  • Popular Contributors

×