Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

2017 Week 6: Ravens vs. Bears

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Sunday?

    • Da Ravens
      5
    • Da Bears
      0


Recommended Posts

Hard to win with poor coaching and terrible QB play. Flacco and Harbaugh waste timeouts every week, this week they wasted 2 in the 2nd half that could've won the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to end the Flacco/Harbaugh era.  Fire Harbaugh and draft a QB in the first round.  There’s going to be a bunch available.  Cut Flacco despite the contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Not yet but I would fire the OC. Agree though need to draft a QB in first round in April.

I don't see changing OC making a difference. Flacco is the biggest problem. We had a 3rd and 10 late in the game that summed up what Flacco is now perfectly. We needed a TD to tie the game and on 3rd and 10 Flacco makes 1 read then right away checks down to Watson for 3 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The criticism of Joe today floors me. He is somehow suppose to make plays down the field when every time he takes a chance the WR lose a one on one battle. Both picks were off of hands of WR's. I mean what in the hell exactly is he suppose to do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flacco definitely messed some things up today, but I cant blame him completely for the loss.  Two picks off of receivers hands........Weddle couldn't wrap up Howard when he needed to.......our defense seemed to show up only after half time.

A better QB probably wins that game, sure......but some of those drops were awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only watched the first half today but I wouldn't blame Flacco for the offensive  ineptitude.  His receiving corp is probably the worst in the NFL.  They keep calling these short pass plays.  Flacco's strength his ability to throw the ball downfield.  I also don't understand the focus on the run.  You pay a QB 25 million a year and you have a bunch of no name running backs probably making less than a million a year each.  

Anyway from what I saw was pathetic.  It would be one thing if the other team played well but that wasn't the case here.  The other QB seemed afraid to throw the ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To some extent all NFL teams do this, but the Ravens definitely have games where they go vanilla on both offense and defense, in order to limit the amount of film that future opponents can analyze.  I think they get more creative when they are facing better opponents and divisional opponents, but against teams like the Bears that they are supposed to beat, they figure they can get away with vanilla and not show too much.   

Today they didn't get away with it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still trying to figure out why on the first Flacco pick it was not a penalty on Chicago for the hit on Perriman. He was hit right in the helmet and was defenseless. He had already dropped the ball before he was hit.... but instead of 15 yards and a Ravens first down it was a pick ran back to the Ravens 20. I cracked up laughing at Ronde Barber who said it was clean because Perriman was hit in his shoulder.  If so, how in the hell did he get a concussion on the play? 

The NFL in general is getting worse and worse. The quality of the play is brutal, horrible officiating. Plus all the off the field nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing, empty seats. I didn't go yesterday but it is very noticeable. Last year when the team was in the race in December there were empty seats. This year there are 3 home games in December. If  the team is out of it, it will get real ugly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I am still trying to figure out why on the first Flacco pick it was not a penalty on Chicago for the hit on Perriman. He was hit right in the helmet and was defenseless. He had already dropped the ball before he was hit.... but instead of 15 yards and a Ravens first down it was a pick ran back to the Ravens 20. I cracked up laughing at Ronde Barber who said it was clean because Perriman was hit in his shoulder.  If so, how in the hell did he get a concussion on the play? 

The NFL in general is getting worse and worse. The quality of the play is brutal, horrible officiating. Plus all the off the field nonsense. 

Why was the roughing the passing penalty a penalty.  Why was there a penalty against the Bears for tackling a Raven.  Bad officiating.  The Bears vs the Ravens isn't going to get the best officiating crew or broadcasting crew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cimota said:

Why was the roughing the passing penalty a penalty.  Why was there a penalty against the Bears for tackling a Raven.  Bad officiating.  The Bears vs the Ravens isn't going to get the best officiating crew or broadcasting crew. 

Clear hold they missed. Hochuli saw the low hit. The thing that gets me is the only reason the hit was low was because he was basically tackled on the play. 

The whole game -announcers, refs and play was rough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

To some extent all NFL teams do this, but the Ravens definitely have games where they go vanilla on both offense and defense, in order to limit the amount of film that future opponents can analyze.  I think they get more creative when they are facing better opponents and divisional opponents, but against teams like the Bears that they are supposed to beat, they figure they can get away with vanilla and not show too much.   

Today they didn't get away with it.  

We also "go vanilla" because:

   -- our makeshift OL is much better at run blocking than pass blocking

   -- our receivers can't catch

The game plan was to run the ball a lot.   I think we had about 167 yards rushing, so that part worked.   We couldn't score once we got to the red zone, we had 3 turnovers that, although two of them were INTs, they were ALL receiver's faults.   We had a fumble deep in Bear territory, a guy slip in the end zone who might have caught a TD pass.   And yes, some overthrows/underthrows/misses by Flacco.

I don't think we went vanilla because we were trying to hide anything.   I think it was a good game plan to try to win, that would have worked if 1) we didn't screw it up so much on offense and 2) our defense didn't shockingly and unexpectedly get gashed for 267 yards rushing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



Rumors and News






×