Sign in to follow this  
Camden_yardbird

After The Bye

The Ravens get a little lucky with their "second half schedule."  Instead of Desean Watson they get Savage, instead of Aaron Rodgers they get Brett Hundley,  instead of Luck they get Brissett.  They also have a game against Cleveland and a game against Cincinnati.

If you put me to guessing where they end up I am guessing it's somewhere around 8-8, forever on the treadmill of mediocrity.

Yea I see us as 7-9 or 8-8.  Bisciotti  gives us a speech in January or February about how the Ravens had the odds stacked against them with all the injuries and stuff and he's confident that with no drastic changes to the coaching staff and with better luck next year we will magically see big improvement.

Is anyone really confident we would do anything in the playoffs even if we get there? I would rather be there than not of course, but I just don't have the level of confidence I usually have with this team.

49 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

We are better off to lose out and at 4-12 get our future QB.

But 4-12 probably won't let us get the top top guys right?   There are currently 11 teams with a record worse than us.  It's not even a lock that we'd get a top 5 pick.   So we'd probably have to trade up (sacrificing future picks) to get in front of NYG, SF, CLE etc?

And we can do that even if we finish 8-8.

All of this is just irrelevant theorycrafting though because Harbaugh knows his reputation and potential job security are at risk so they are going to fight hard and with FIVE of the remaining SEVEN games against pretty poor teams (I'm including GB here, which is maybe debateable I guess)....there is still a slim chance of squeaking in as a WC team.

16 hours ago, NickM21 said:

Is anyone really confident we would do anything in the playoffs even if we get there? I would rather be there than not of course, but I just don't have the level of confidence I usually have with this team.

Define "do anything."

We could maybe win a game against Jacksonville/TEN or KC.....but I doubt we'd do much after that.  But you never really know..........

Very possible.  I would be rooting for a matchup with the AFC South winner for sure, heh.  I would not pick us against KC but they have looked more vulnerable lately.

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

But 4-12 probably won't let us get the top top guys right?   There are currently 11 teams with a record worse than us.  It's not even a lock that we'd get a top 5 pick.   So we'd probably have to trade up (sacrificing future picks) to get in front of NYG, SF, CLE etc?

And we can do that even if we finish 8-8.

All of this is just irrelevant theorycrafting though because Harbaugh knows his reputation and potential job security are at risk so they are going to fight hard and with FIVE of the remaining SEVEN games against pretty poor teams (I'm including GB here, which is maybe debateable I guess)....there is still a slim chance of squeaking in as a WC team.

You have a point. I would argue that 4-12 gets you somewhere in the 5-6 range. Bad teams will be playing other bad teams. Someone has to win LOL....I'm okay dealing future picks to get a coveted QB. There are three good ones out there and two or three with potential. I would deal our top pick plus next year's No. 1 to get the guy I want and groom him to replace Flacco in 2019.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

KC would beat this team by 30...

On tap this week GB with a possible third string QB and third string RB.

I'm not sure KC could beat anybody by 30 right now. Maybe the Browns. LOL....They seem to be backsliding.

Ravens are favored @ Green Bay by like 2 right now which feels wrong somehow lol to be a road favorite not playing in Cleveland.

Wow. 2 points and the packers could be playing a bum leg QB2 or rookie QB3 along with a RB3.  Shows little faith in the ravens offense v. GB defense.  Granted that's not a misplaced lack of faith.

13 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I'm surprised, no stunned, we are favored. I would bet the farm, or at least the barn, we get smoked.

That's the Vegas line.  People always forget, in no way is Vegas trying to simply accurately predict which team wins.  They are trying to encourage equal betting on both teams.  So it's just as much of an indicator of public sentiment as it is a prediction of who will win.

538 on the other hand says the Packers have a 67% chance of winning and give them a 5 pt advantage, which is more of a straight game prediction.