Sign in to follow this  
Legend_Of_Joey

Baltimore City Detective shot

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-baltimore-detective-update-20171122-story.html

Slain Baltimore homicide detective Sean Suiter was scheduled to testify before a federal grand jury in the case against a squad of indicted officers, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis confirmed Wednesday evening.

Davis said he was told “in no uncertain terms” that Suiter was not a target of the Gun Trace Task Force investigation, and said authorities have no reason to believe Suiter’s killing was connected to his pending testimony.

7 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Right now, there are a LOT theories about this, including multiple ones by me and my coworkers.

However this whole thing plays out, expect something BIG.

Can you share your theory?

6 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Can you share your theory?

I'm not fully comfortable sharing it, only because it's one of those things where I hope I am completely wrong. IF it is true though, then my decision to leave this job field as soon as I get thru these last couple of months (hopefully) of therapy and appointments would be fully justified.

The news has released some of the information though that is supporting my theory. Took them almost a week though to finally release it...

http://www.wbal.com/article/284834/40/fbi-rejects-baltimore-police-departments-request-to-take-over-suiter-investigation

The FBI has rejected the Baltimore Police Department's request to take over the investigation of Detective Sean Suiter's death, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis announced Wednesday . 

The FBI says there is no evidence to suggest Suiter's death was directly connected to the police corruption case that Suiter was set to testify in the day after he was shot, or another FBI investigation. 

"For [that] reason we believe it's prudent for the [Baltimore Police] to continue as the lead in this investigation with our current commitment to assist and support you fully [with] FBI analytical, forensic and investigative support," FBI Assistant Director Stephen Richardson said in a letter to Davis. "If we develop information that changes our assessment of the investigation, we will, of course, take appropriate action."