Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Problem is they might as well just bring the last group back again. That's really all they are doing is dumster diving

I’d never, ever say that.    Outside of Gausman and Bundy, our other starters had a 6.59 ERA and averaged 4.9 innings per start.   Even the dumpster should yield much better results than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I would be offering CC, Lynn and Cobb our best offers right now. Start there.

You know this is the Orioles, yeah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I would be offering CC, Lynn and Cobb our best offers right now. Start there.

Stan Charles was on 105.7 the Fan,said that he spoke to a front office person.He told him Vargas,Lynn and Cobb all have had TJ surgery. Agents would not put them through the Orioles physical and probably won't come here anyhow. .Thinks Cashner or Chatwood would be pitchers  they might go after.I know Chatwood has had TJ surgery but he said he would be cheaper and less years. 

Edited by Going Underground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure how a bad lefty is an improvement over a non-bad right handed pitcher.

Agreed. We went the bad lefty route with Miley. He didn't help at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I believe this team will be in the cellar again.

I'd bet your right and our best guys will be leaving via free agency after the season with nothing but a middling pick coming back under the new system. Incompetent management and poor ownership. The team is doomed until the Angelos' regime is over.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wildcard said:

Here is the video on Dan's interview.   He said veterans, not older veterans and he didn't say bounce back candidates.   Take a listen.

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-now-dan-duquette/c-1869309283?tid=7417714

 

What Dan did say is that he want a lefty in the rotation and that the 5th spot will be from inside the organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I don’t think Angelos cares what the fans or anyone else thinks.

Here’s what you can and cannot do. Win or lose, that’s the way we do it.

I think he cares to the extent that fans buy tickets and merchandise and get the O's tv ratings.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I think he cares to the extent that fans buy tickets and merchandise and get the O's tv ratings.  

He can kiss all that goodbye if they become also rans without any change in direction. Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d never, ever say that.    Outside of Gausman and Bundy, our other starters had a 6.59 ERA and averaged 4.9 innings per start.   Even the dumpster should yield much better results than that.

Well of course but those guys are in the dumpster too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

DD, if you're reading this. Go get Friers, Garcia and CC. If you want another rotation option, go for Cashner or some one from Korea, Taiwan or Japan. Trade Trumbo and cash for Markakis to get a LH bat who can play in LF and maybe RF. 

Why would either team do this? Atlanta is taking on a below average expensive veteran to get rid of another below average expensive veteran. The Orioles end up paying quite a bit of money for a 1 win outfielder, which they already have.

Markakis has been a negative at the plate, on the bases, and in the field 2 years in a row. I don't get the fascination with bringing him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I'd bet your right and our best guys will be leaving via free agency after the season with nothing but a middling pick coming back under the new system. Incompetent management and poor ownership. The team is doomed until the Angelos' regime is over.

Next winning season - 2051 :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Markakis has been a negative at the plate, on the bases, and in the field 2 years in a row. I don't get the fascination with bringing him back.

I don’t favor bringing Markakis back, but your statement isn’t true. 

2016: 1.7 rWAR, 1.1 fWAR

2017: 0.7 rWAR, 0.9 fWAR

He’s below average for a starting OF, but by no means a negative, and his particular OBP skill is something that would fit well with this particular team.    But simply put, I’d rather go with someone younger and not block guys like Hays and Stewart whenever they show they’re ready.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t favor bringing Markakis back, but your statement isn’t true. 

2016: 1.7 rWAR, 1.1 fWAR

2017: 0.7 rWAR, 0.9 fWAR

He’s below average for a starting OF, but by no means a negative, and his particular OBP skill is something that would fit well with this particular team.    But simply put, I’d rather go with someone younger and not block guys like Hays and Stewart whenever they show they’re ready.    

I consider below average a negative, and he's below average in all three facets according to Fangraphs. Negative marks in BsR, Off, and Def last 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Rumors and News






×