Roll Tide

Os requesting offers on Machado

7 minutes ago, raypetty said:

I think in the end Machado will be dealt during the run to the playoffs and DD and management think they will get more for him while us Os fans watch other teams play beyond the regular season.  Just a guess on my part.  

Just remember the last time the Orioles traded a fairly significant MLB piece at the deadline was Koji back in 2011 and Koji is nothing compared to Machado.  I don't trust ownership to trade him mid-season even if the O's are far out of it.

3 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Just remember the last time the Orioles traded a fairly significant MLB piece at the deadline was Koji back in 2011 and Koji is nothing compared to Machado.  I don't trust ownership to trade him mid-season even if the O's are far out of it.

In fairness, though, the Orioles haven't been far out of it at the deadline since 2011, so it's hard to say.

3 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

That turned out pretty well, didn't it?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I guess it depends what you mean by "far out of it."   Last year on the day of the deadline they were 5.5 games out of second wild card position, with 6 teams ahead of them for that spot (besides the four teams above the second wild card at that point).    So I guess they'd need to be further out of it than that.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess it depends what you mean by "far out of it."   Last year on the day of the deadline they were 5.5 games out of second wild card position, with 6 teams ahead of them for that spot (besides the four teams above the second wild card at that point).    So I guess they'd need to be further out of it than that.

Hasn't PA stated that he feels beholden to put a good product on the field for season ticket holders and that's why he doesn't like to sell at the deadline. Plus the refusing to sell in 1996 working out for the team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, raypetty said:

I think in the end Machado will be dealt during the run to the playoffs and DD and management think they will get more for him while us Os fans watch other teams play beyond the regular season.  Just a guess on my part.  

Playoffs? 

1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

Hasn't PA stated that he feels beholden to put a good product on the field for season ticket holders and that's why he doesn't like to sell at the deadline. Plus the refusing to sell in 1996 working out for the team.

I don't remember 1996 the players that Angelos vetoed selling or trading. 

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

David Wells was one of them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Bobby Bonilla and David Wells, if memory serves. Perhaps others.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Bonilla. Wells. 

29 minutes ago, weams said:

Bonilla. Wells. 

Did the Orioles have a deal with the Marlins that Angelos vetoed? Seems there was an infielder but i just can't remember who it was though. My memory is on the fritz.