Roll Tide

Os requesting offers on Machado

19 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

A return for McCutchen has not been revealed, but Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reported top prospects Tyler Beede, Chris Shaw and Heliot Ramos were not involved in the trade. 

Now it's being reported that McCutchen was traded for Kyle Crick, the Giants' 16th ranked prospect. I'm sure other players were involved, but my guess is he might be the top prospect in the deal. 

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Now it's being reported that McCutchen was traded for Kyle Crick, the Giants' 16th ranked prospect. I'm sure other players were involved, but my guess is he might be the top prospect in the deal. 

He's making what 14M this year?  Two win player, more or less?

Some excess value but not a lot.

It will be interesting to see if the stratagem the Giants are employing proves efficacious.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's making what 14M this year?  Two win player, more or less?

Some excess value but not a lot.

It will be interesting to see if the stratagem the Giants are employing proves efficacious.

At least with McCutchen they can wash their hands of him after this season if he doesn't work out. Seems like a pretty low risk move to me. I give them credit for getting creative in trying to upgrade their offense. They've essentially traded for two players this offseason who were the faces of their old franchises. Can't recall that ever happening before...

12 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If tha'ts all they received, it should throw some cold water on the "2 major league ready starters plus" return some are expecting for Machado.

1 minute ago, Fla_O'sfan said:

If tha'ts all they received, it should throw some cold water on the "2 major league ready starters plus" return some are expecting for Machado.

Was anyone besides Angelos expecting that?

2 minutes ago, Fla_O'sfan said:

The move was almost a salary dump.

It isn't really a fair comparison to Machado.

That being said, yea, you aren't getting what the O's have publicly asked for.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think his value is closer to Jones than Machado.

31 years old, below replacement in 2016.  No a Center Fielder anymore.

Machado might be worth 4-5x what McCutchen is worth next year with the trend line for Andrew.....

2013  8.1

2014  6.3

2015  4.9

2016 -0.7

2017 2.5

2 hours ago, theobird said:

What did Pittsburgh get for McCutcheon??

Not much. The had to pay part of the salary. 500k in international slot. Kyle Crick and Bryan Reynolds.