Roll Tide

Os requesting offers on Machado

1 minute ago, weams said:

I don't think Manny will be traded today. But this week? Yeah. I do not think Manny is being consulted in any way on this. I think AJ is indicating that as well. 

Not today but this week? Timing could upset the Rule 5 draft.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Boston with Devers moving to 1B and a deal centered around Kopech.

I originally typed "The only teams that seem to qualify are the Cardinals and -- maybe -- the NYYs and RS. Who else might cough up something of value for a Manny rental that includes starting pitching?"

I removed the RS because I'm guessing they want to give Devers a longer look at 3B and don't want to move him from third to first and then potentially back to first. I expect them to be in the Manny Derby when he hits free agency.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I originally typed "The only teams that seem to qualify are the Cardinals and -- maybe -- the NYYs and RS. Who else might cough up something of value for a Manny rental that includes starting pitching?"

I removed the RS because I'm guessing they want to give Devers a longer look at 3B and don't want to move him from third to first and then potentially back to first. I expect them to be in the Manny Derby when he hits free agency.

Phillies, Mets, Mariners, Diamondbacks, Padres, Rangers, Giants, Twins.

Remember, the team that gets him gets to trade him in July if they are out. And then Manny has no QO attached. 

25 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I can guarantee the Red Sox will not trade for Manny with a deal around Kopech.

I see what you did there.  I meant Groome.

6 minutes ago, weams said:

Phillies, Mets, Mariners, Diamondbacks, Padres, Rangers, Giants, Twins.

Remember, the team that gets him gets to trade him in July if they are out. And then Manny has no QO attached. 

I don't see the Phillies, Mets, Mariners  or Padres with Headley. I'll have to look closer at the D-Backs, Rangers and Twins.

Thanks. 

39 minutes ago, weams said:

I don't think Manny will be traded today. But this week? Yeah. I do not think Manny is being consulted in any way on this. I think AJ is indicating that as well. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may be, but wasn't Jones a lot more vocal around the time the Davis deal was being negotiated.  Adam wanted to talk to ownership to prod them to open their wallet.  Maybe Adam is being more pragmatic as well as cryptic knowing there isn't enough money for both him and Machado after 2018.  Notice nothing is being made of Adam's upcoming free agent status.

Unpopular opinions for $1,000 Alex,   If Manny is gone, blow it up further and deal Adam to San Diego.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Someone said that the Red Sox talked to the Orioles yesterday. Have not heard anything else.

Duquette and Dombrowski ran into each other in the men's room.   Dave told Dan not to use stall #3, it's a mess.

Roch in his latest blog says the O's are paying close attention to the players the Cardinals surrender to the Marlins in the Ozuna deal. Cites the Cards as "serious contenders" for Machado. Mike Matheny is quoted as saying obtaining another hitter after Ozuna "is on the table" for St. Louis.

22 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may be, but wasn't Jones a lot more vocal around the time the Davis deal was being negotiated.  Adam wanted to talk to ownership to prod them to open their wallet.  Maybe Adam is being more pragmatic as well as cryptic knowing there isn't enough money for both him and Machado after 2018.  Notice nothing is being made of Adam's upcoming free agent status.

Unpopular opinions for $1,000 Alex,   If Manny is gone, blow it up further and deal Adam to San Diego.

I am up for a quick rebuild. I love Adam Jones. More than Manny. Capt10America. All that is good with us. 

Just now, palmer22 said:

Roch in his latest blog says the O's are paying close attention to the players the Cardinals surrender to the Marlins in the Ozuna deal. Cites the Cards as "serious contenders" for Machado. Mike Matheny is quoted as saying obtaining another hitter after Ozuna "is on the table" for St. Louis.

As others have said, adding Manny to that team would be huge.    Of course, if they can get Donaldson on the cheap, that would work, too.

Just now, clapdiddy said:

As others have said, adding Manny to that team would be huge.    Of course, if they can get Donaldson on the cheap, that would work, too.

Toronto hasn't given any indication they are selling though.

The reports I've heard/read cite to their 3mil+ attendances in the last few years and suggests that ownership is very reluctant to kill that goose by trading Donaldson

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Toronto hasn't given any indication they are selling though.

The reports I've heard/read cite to their 3mil+ attendances in the last few years and suggests that ownership is very reluctant to kill that goose by trading Donaldson

Good point.   I wonder if they'd be interested in just signing Moustakas or Frazier?

45 minutes ago, palmer22 said:

Honestly the Cards best player was Alcantara. If the Orioles want an outfielder as part of the deal they can get Mercado or J Machado. 

You get Flaherty....hopefully they didn't trade Gomber or Helsley as those are players 2 and 3 my 4-5 players asking price. Any of Gallen, Fernandez or Woodford would do.