Sign in to follow this  
Luke-OH

Previewing the 2018 Delmarva Shorebirds

Great site that features in depth scouting reports on various South Atlantic league prospects. Here is his Delmarva preview that I helped with.  It has my takes on DL Hall, Lamar Sparks, Adam Hall, Michael Baumann, Zac Lowther and many others. It also conveniently links to other reports on the major players and gives a guess as to Delmarva’s depth chart. Looks a lot better than last year.

http://notesfromthesally.com/2018/01/11/previewing-the-2018-delmarva-shorebirds/

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Am I reading it correctly?  Is Lowther a bullpen guy?  Why is he and Baumann not in the rotation?  Or do they typically use more than five?

The O's like to wait until AAA or the majors to try and make starters out of their relief guys.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Am I reading it correctly?  Is Lowther a bullpen guy?  Why is he and Baumann not in the rotation?  Or do they typically use more than five?

Lowther should skip Delmarva, which I wrote in my segment. So he should be in the Frederick rotation. Baumann could either be at Delmarva or Frederick, he may be a reliever down the road but will definitely be in a rotation in 2018. Delmarva could do what they did with Seabrooke and Peluffo and piggyback two pitchers. Fenter and DL Hall would probably be good candidates for that as they build innings. The would give Delmarva 6 “starters”.

Edit: John’s guess was that Baumann will skip Low A along with Lowther. I’m not sure, I think it could go either way.

14 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Lowther should skip Delmarva, which I wrote in my segment. So he should be in the Frederick rotation. Baumann could either be at Delmarva or Frederick, he may be a reliever down the road but will definitely be in a rotation in 2018. Delmarva could do what they did with Seabrooke and Peluffo and piggyback two pitchers. Fenter and DL Hall would probably be good candidates for that as they build innings. The would give Delmarva 6 “starters”.

Edit: John’s guess was that Baumann will skip Low A along with Lowther. I’m not sure, I think it could go either way.

Awesome!  Looks like an exciting group of arms.  I'm also eager to read about a healthy Curran.