weams

File and Trial Arbitrations?

Just now, Number5 said:

That they agreed on $16 million after numbers were exchanged makes me wonder what the numbers were.  Seems to me that Manny's number must have been really high and his agent realized that there was a good chance that the arbiter would go with the Orioles' number.  We will never know, though.  In any case, it seems to have worked out well for the Orioles.

Do we know they agreed after the numbers were exchanged?   Or did we just find out about it a few hours later?

14 minutes ago, Number5 said:

The $150K saved from MLBTR's estimate on Joseph pays for the risk on taking 3 Rule 5 guys.  I told ya Dan had a plan!  xD

Great risk to reward possibility as well.  If Nestor Cortes can do a Mike Leake imitation, it'd be worth 50+ million in surplus value. (not saying it's likely, but the odds would have to be around %1 or worse for it not to be worth the risk).

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Do we know they agreed after the numbers were exchanged?   Or did we just find out about it a few hours later?

I believe that was reported, someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

49 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

A Schoop/Gausman double extension would make me happy.

Earlier today, Roch had stated that they hadn't reached an agreement with MM, Brach, ZB, and CJ.  I do wonder if something is in the works for those two.

Based on the numbers still need few more signed it looks like we have 1 11 guys signed at 121 million.  4 other definite guys who will make team.  Bundy, Givens,  Mancini, Santander we have 15 guys for about 124 million. So do we cut salary a great deal or do we stay course giving us about 45 million?   I am guessing we go middle route and have about 30 million, making payroll 155 million.

55 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Based on the numbers still need few more signed it looks like we have 1 11 guys signed at 121 million.  4 other definite guys who will make team.  Bundy, Givens,  Mancini, Santander we have 15 guys for about 124 million. So do we cut salary a great deal or do we stay course giving us about 45 million?   I am guessing we go middle route and have about 30 million, making payroll 155 million.

I'm on record for 140 to  150 this season. 

11 hours ago, murph said:

Thought I heard on the radio Schoop agreed at 9M.   Not true? 

His arb position is $9 mm.   The O’s are at $7.5 mm.

Gausman is at $6.235 mm, O’s at $5.3 mm.

I say, split the difference and call it a day.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

His arb position is $9 mm.   The O’s are at $7.5 mm.

Ok.  I miss heard then.  Thanks.   And agreed!

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

[Schoop’s] arb position is $9 mm.   The O’s are at $7.5 mm.

Well, what I really want is for the O’s to sign each of them to a long term deal, and I’m hopeful that the fact that no one-year deals were struck with them signifies that they’re discussing something more  long-term.

As to the arb positions, my August predictions were significantly lower than MLBTR’s on both these players.    They had Schoop at $9.1 mm (higher than his actual demand of $9.0 mm), while I had him at $8 mm (almost halfway between Schoop’s demand and the O’s $7.5 mm offer).     So if it’s to be a one-year deal, splitting the difference gets very close to what I thought was the right outcome.   

On Gausman, MLBTR had him at $6.8 mm, while I had him at $5.25 mm.     He’s demanded $6.235 mm (well below what MLBTR thought he’d get) and the O’s have offered $5.3 mm (just barely above what I’d thought he’d get).    Needless to say, I think the O’s have the better position here, but if they throw a few $100k more at him, it wouldn’t offend me.  My predictions were made in August and Gausman did finish the season strong, so I could see him getting a bump over what I’d predicted.