Sign in to follow this  
section18

Ravens Realiity or Fantasy? Flacco For Eli?

The Steve Bisciotti we all thought we knew when he was tough on former coaches seems to have changed. Why?  The cool, tough, kind of scary guy that would show up at state of the team addresses seems to have changed. Is he giving John a false sense of security?  Does he  just seem to like John so much he's lost touch with reality?  Everybody and I mean everybody I talk to about the Ravens wishes the Orioles were doing better so they could just stop talking about the Ravens in such a negative way.  It's almost like the team has become a bad dream. Is that what it's become for Bisciotti?  Is he afraid to make changes for fear he won't like the next coach as much as he likes JH?  That's not how you become successful and how you build a billion dollar company.  He still has time to shock us and bring us back to reality so we have something to look forward to in 2018. Has anyone looked at the schedule for next season? Will we finish 4-12 ? or 5-11 ? With the current roster and coaches that's what it looks like.  Are we going to trade Flacco for Eli Manning of the Giants and let Flacco go back closer to home and finish his career?  Something I have encouraged for a few years now.  Would it help either team? I think it would.  I think both players have grown stale and bored with their current teams and need a change of scenery. Would I show up at games this season with the other Manning behind center? YES !  Did I go to any games this past season. NO!  I'm a former PSL owner and regular attendee at games like many of us.  I was online at least seven times this season ready to pull the trigger and spend $400 to $450 for two tickets to each game and logged out without completing the purchase.  Depressing each time I logged out.  Why didn't I buy the tickets I had selected?  The product has grown stale and the coaching is not up to the standards needed to be a playoff and possibly Super Bowl team. Have we grown tired of the Joe Flacco show? Yes!  He's still under contract.  So is Eli Manning.  If I owned the team I would replace the head coach and offensive coordinator immediately. I would also be in touch with the Giants and explore a Flacco for Manning trade as soon as possible.  Does Manning have weaknesses like Flacco? Yes!  Is Manning  better QB than Flacco?  Yes! Would the Giants be willing to make a trade with us?  I  think they are taking their next QB in the upcoming draft.  Flacco can help them for a year or two while they break in their new QB as Joe finishes his career closer to home. Would Joe be okay with this? Joe is basically okay with everything and never seems to get bothered by anything.  I think he is smart enough to see this would be a good move. Hire Josh McDaniels when the Pats season is over and trade for Manning and suddenly there is new excitement in Baltimore and the seats will fill up again.  We can only hope!

Not going to happen for several reasons.

1. McAdoo messed up benching elibenching, he didn't realize he was the golden calf he is.  They will not do that again.

2.  There will be a new coach in BY.

3.  We are stuck with Harbaugh.

4.  Eli is a better mentor and was a more complete QB than Flacco.

Now if they do cut him,  Eli is the type of backup they need to bring in.  Someone who can push Flacco competitively.  There should be no free lunch anymore.  When you are one of the bottom 5 worst starting QBs in the league, there is no excuse to not have competition at the position.  If we had a bottom 5 MLB, would there not be both a high draft pick and a capable veteran brought in?

QB is a more important position than that.

Good comments! We are not stuck with Harbaugh unless the owner wants to keep his eyes closed for another season.  We will be lucky to win five games this season with the present roster and coach. 

Bad trade!  Manning is an old man at 37. Flacco is what 32? Flacco has not had much to work with offensively in the past four years. Give this man some weapons!  I'm all for drafting a QB in first round but after that get playmakers!

On 1/12/2018 at 10:51 AM, Camden_yardbird said:

Not going to happen for several reasons.

1. McAdoo messed up benching elibenching, he didn't realize he was the golden calf he is.  They will not do that again.

2.  There will be a new coach in BY.

3.  We are stuck with Harbaugh.

4.  Eli is a better mentor and was a more complete QB than Flacco.

Now if they do cut him,  Eli is the type of backup they need to bring in.  Someone who can push Flacco competitively.  There should be no free lunch anymore.  When you are one of the bottom 5 worst starting QBs in the league, there is no excuse to not have competition at the position.  If we had a bottom 5 MLB, would there not be both a high draft pick and a capable veteran brought in?

QB is a more important position than that.

Flacco is thought of as a mid level QB by most writers, and media figures etc.

saying that he is bottom five just diminishes your point. There is a lot of additional blame with the Ravens i.e., play calling, o line, injury, poor receivers, etc.

Flacco has been part of the problem but insinuating that he's the only problem is just wrong.

10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Flacco is thought of as a mid level QB by most writers, and media figures etc.

And? That is based mostly on reputation, because ever since the Super Bowl win he has been very bad. I know people like to blame all of the coaches and the 10 other players on the field with him but the biggest reason Flacco has been terrible is Flacco. It's hard to see it getting much better next year either unless they can find 2 real receivers, which I doubt.

29 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

And? That is based mostly on reputation, because ever since the Super Bowl win he has been very bad. I know people like to blame all of the coaches and the 10 other players on the field with him but the biggest reason Flacco has been terrible is Flacco. It's hard to see it getting much better next year either unless they can find 2 real receivers, which I doubt.

Brain I understand your frustration and I'm not a big Flacco fan. Injuries have plagued the team especially on offense. The line was missing two starters and lost Yanda before the start of the season.

Steve Smith in his twilight has been his best receiver the last handful of years. And the Ravens haven't had a number 1 receiver that I can remember ....can you ? 

Even Boldin would've been a number 2 on most teams when he was traded here.

The Ravens best WR tandem to this day is still probably Michael Jackson and Alexander. A star WR has avoided the Ravens similar to the Os inability to draft and develop a TOR starter.

Give Joe Antonio Brown, Schuster,  McDonald (who looks like Heath Miller all over again and Jesse James....with Bryant. No of our guys would make the starting lineup....Wallace perhaps makes #3 or 4.

if your being objective we have much bigger problems than Joe.

I don't disagree that the talent on offense is a joke, but I don't see how you can make an argument that over the last 3 seasons Flacco hasn't been one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

So the Titans not only make the playoffs but win a game and they fire their head coach to (likely) hire Josh McDaniels. Ravens miss playoffs 4 out of past 5 seasons but Harbaugh is untouchable because he's BFFs with Bisciotti.