Aglets

Ravens already filling out receiving corps, sign MVP

MVP of the Grey Cup that is.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22347162/baltimore-ravens-add-wr-sign-grey-cup-mvp-devier-posey

I didn't quite process all of this until reading this article but it's entirely possible (likely) that Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, and Campanero will ALL be gone from the team for 2018.

Yikes.  Do the Orioles have more starting pitchers for 2018 right now than the Ravens have WR?

The ravens need to add every halfway decent WR they can between now and training camp.

Tavon Austin gets cut...sign him.

Travis Bemjamin...sign him.

Someone from Denver or Greenbay (both likely to cut a WR)...sign him.

Needs to be priority #1 this off season.

2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

WR and Oline will be the big focus' in the draft. Maybe also someone who can backup Jimmy Smith too

This is what I expected in 2017 and was sorely disappointed.  I expect they will course correct now but we do love us some defense.......

Just now, Aglets said:

This is what I expected in 2017 and was sorely disappointed.  I expect they will course correct now but we do love us some defense.......

That's a big reason why we've won in the past, along with with the running game and good O linemen

It's going to really suck watching the Redskins nab Calvin Ridley with the 13th pick.  There is no way they pass on him given their new QB situation and lack of receivers.  The next best receiver in the draft is Sutton who many say would be a reach at pick 16.  The Ravens don't reach.  

7 hours ago, SouthRider said:

It's going to really suck watching the Redskins nab Calvin Ridley with the 13th pick.  There is no way they pass on him given their new QB situation and lack of receivers.  The next best receiver in the draft is Sutton who many say would be a reach at pick 16.  The Ravens don't reach.  

They do like to trade back though.

If they really like Ridley and think he will be gone I could see them moving up to get him. It isn't a typical Ravens move but I think everyone is feeling pressure this offseason to make something happen.

Edited by Brian88

19 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

This is the deepest QB draft in years. I would be very upset if we didn't use a premium pick to draft one. WRs are a dime a dozen.

I think I would disagree with your last sentence and would cite every Ravens draft since 1996 as my evidence.

Maybe 2018 will be the year we finally get ONE great one that sticks around.

10 hours ago, Aglets said:

I think I would disagree with your last sentence and would cite every Ravens draft since 1996 as my evidence.

Maybe 2018 will be the year we finally get ONE great one that sticks around.

Great quarterbacks make average receivers great. Get that QB and we go from there.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Great quarterbacks make average receivers great. Get that QB and we go from there.

Can you name one WR that we drafted that left Baltimore and achieved greatness with a better QB?  

Seems clear to me there's a systemic issue of some kind, or just rotten luck.  Joe has done well with other WRs before just none that we drafted.  Torrey had a few flashes I guess.

Your jogging my memory. But when was the last time we had a great quarterback? Unitas? We traded greatness away in Elway. Shame. I remember the late, great John Steadman would profess "a great QB will find any receiver".. My point is find greatness and the rest falls into place. 

3 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Your jogging my memory. But when was the last time we had a great quarterback? Unitas? We traded greatness away in Elway. Shame. I remember the late, great John Steadman would profess "a great QB will find any receiver".. My point is find greatness and the rest falls into place. 

Step 1 - Find a HOF caliber QB...........

Step 2 - Profit!

Got it, not sure why the Ravens haven't tried this before?    Do you think they'll ever win a Superbowl with a bad or mediocre / average QB?

The point I was actually trying to make is that we've had great WRs here before!   And they had some great years.  It would be even better if we can find them before they turn 30........

If a great QB is available that's fantastic but they don't come around very often.  Kirk Cousins is likely to become the highest paid QB in the league this year............