Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fearthenoodle

Orioles to offer free UD seats ALL season to kids

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, fearthenoodle said:

All kids 9 and under will get free upper deck seats all season. Apparently an unprecedented move in major American sports.

 

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/03/12/Franchises/Orioles.aspx

I have a friend who is like 4 inches from being a legal midget. If he was a baseball fan, I'd probably get him in for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Dang, no way, this organization does anything for anybody for free!!!!! :):):)

:clap:

The Orioles are great about giving things away. They give tons of tickets to the local library for their summer reading program incentive.  Angelos is very charitable.   We can fault him for his handling of the front-office but he isn't the Scrooge type character that we like to think he is.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Orioles are great about giving things away. They give tons of tickets to the local library for their summer reading program incentive.  Angelos is very charitable.   We can fault him for his handling of the front-office but he isn't the Scrooge type character that we like to think he is.

You are correct, and I was trying to poke fun at those posters that think Peter is Scrooge.

Peter is generous, just has faults in other aspects of his organizational skills.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the type of move you make when you will be passing along ownership to your sons, not when you plan to sell the team. This is a strategic attempt to ensure future (paying) fans. It may also boost attendance in the short term since somebody has to bring those children to the ballpark. Don't think I would offer this for MFY games, however.

Now, when they have Saturday nights featuring "Adults Run the Bases," I will know they are trying to make all of us happy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

This is the type of move you make when you will be passing along ownership to your sons, not when you plan to sell the team. This is a strategic attempt to ensure future (paying) fans. It may also boost attendance in the short term since somebody has to bring those children to the ballpark. Don't think I would offer this for MFY games, however.

Now, when they have Saturday nights featuring "Adults Run the Bases," I will know they are trying to make all of us happy.

$1 Beer nights again? That would make adults happy :)

I know, MLB has banned that from all stadiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - that is awesome.  

Naturally my oldest is now 11 and my middle child turns 10 in May lol.  I do still have my daughter at 6 though, so we'll at least take advantage of that for her for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow - that is awesome.  

Naturally my oldest is now 11 and my middle child turns 10 in May lol.  I do still have my daughter at 6 though, so we'll at least take advantage of that for her for sure!

i am sure if he is not that big that at 10 they won't card him except if he gets beer.:D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...