Sign in to follow this  
fearthenoodle

Orioles to offer free UD seats ALL season to kids

11 minutes ago, fearthenoodle said:

All kids 9 and under will get free upper deck seats all season. Apparently an unprecedented move in major American sports.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2018/03/12/Franchises/Orioles.aspx

I have a friend who is like 4 inches from being a legal midget. If he was a baseball fan, I'd probably get him in for free. 

51 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Dang, no way, this organization does anything for anybody for free!!!!! :):):)

:clap:

The Orioles are great about giving things away. They give tons of tickets to the local library for their summer reading program incentive.  Angelos is very charitable.   We can fault him for his handling of the front-office but he isn't the Scrooge type character that we like to think he is.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Orioles are great about giving things away. They give tons of tickets to the local library for their summer reading program incentive.  Angelos is very charitable.   We can fault him for his handling of the front-office but he isn't the Scrooge type character that we like to think he is.

You are correct, and I was trying to poke fun at those posters that think Peter is Scrooge.

Peter is generous, just has faults in other aspects of his organizational skills.

• Upvote 1

This is the type of move you make when you will be passing along ownership to your sons, not when you plan to sell the team. This is a strategic attempt to ensure future (paying) fans. It may also boost attendance in the short term since somebody has to bring those children to the ballpark. Don't think I would offer this for MFY games, however.

Now, when they have Saturday nights featuring "Adults Run the Bases," I will know they are trying to make all of us happy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

This is the type of move you make when you will be passing along ownership to your sons, not when you plan to sell the team. This is a strategic attempt to ensure future (paying) fans. It may also boost attendance in the short term since somebody has to bring those children to the ballpark. Don't think I would offer this for MFY games, however.

Now, when they have Saturday nights featuring "Adults Run the Bases," I will know they are trying to make all of us happy.

$1 Beer nights again? That would make adults happy :)

I know, MLB has banned that from all stadiums.

Wow - that is awesome.  

Naturally my oldest is now 11 and my middle child turns 10 in May lol.  I do still have my daughter at 6 though, so we'll at least take advantage of that for her for sure!

6 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow - that is awesome.  

Naturally my oldest is now 11 and my middle child turns 10 in May lol.  I do still have my daughter at 6 though, so we'll at least take advantage of that for her for sure!

i am sure if he is not that big that at 10 they won't card him except if he gets beer.:D

• Upvote 1