Luke-OH

Jomar Reyes 2018/2019

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wow. 349 games played in Frederick. That’s some sample size. 

I don’t think Rowell’s record for games played in Frederick is one that a player would want to break.    

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, Frobby said:

I don’t think Rowell’s record for games played in Frederick is one that a player would want to break.    

Caleb Joseph holds the record at Bowie with 434 games played, which is even more impressive as a catcher. Ed Rogers (!) is second with 399.

35 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Caleb Joseph holds the record at Bowie with 434 games played, which is even more impressive as a catcher. Ed Rogers (!) is second with 399.

I think Garabez Rosa holds the record.   According to BB-ref, he played 590 games for Bowie.   

• Upvote 1

I'd still send him to the instructional league this year and put him on the mound and see what it looks like. Special arm. No game power, doesn't hit for average or walk, can't play 3B in major leagues effectively. He's a NP who had a good week.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Garabez Rosa holds the record.   According to BB-ref, he played 590 games for Bowie.   

I stand corrected, I was looking at an outdated copy of the Baysox record book.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd still send him to the instructional league this year and put him on the mound and see what it looks like. Special arm. No game power, doesn't hit for average or walk, can't play 3B in major leagues effectively. He's a NP who had a good week.

It worked for Givens. I know he had a prior history pitching, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Jomar with one last tease?  Hitting about .500 in his last 40 AB's.

If it wasn’t for Bannon blocking him at 3B in Bowie, I’d be inclined to just move him up and see how he responds. Nothing ventured...

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Jomar with one last tease?  Hitting about .500 in his last 40 AB's.

The second half surge is a yearly tradition. I’ve gotten wooed by it before, I need to see balls leaving the park with frequency. That has to be part of his game for him to profile, so until I see that.

I don’t mind moving him up though, Yahn is at third but really he needs to move around if he’s going to make a 40 man in the future. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

The second half surge is a yearly tradition. I’ve gotten wooed by it before, I need to see balls leaving the park with frequency. That has to be part of his game for him to profile, so until I see that.

I don’t mind moving him up though, Yahn is at third but really he needs to move around if he’s going to make a 40 man in the future. 

Was pretty impressed with Yahn the two games I’ve been to this year. Pretty athletic guy out there with the swagger to match.

6 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Promoted to Bowie today to replace Rylan Bannon going to Norfolk

Movin on up.

Glad to see it. Next year at Bowie will be a make-or-break year for him. He will only be 23.

Maybe he will storm through the playoff run and the playoffs with Bowie and get himself a 40-man roster spot this off-season! (I highly doubt it).