glenn__davis

Justin Jackson going pro, Wiley transferring

Seems like there's a good chance of Fernando and possibly Huerter leaving as well.

So it will be another year of Turgeon likely getting a pass, this time due to all of the roster attrition.

Tough time to be a Terps basketball fan.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Seems like there's a good chance of Fernando and possibly Huerter leaving as well.

So it will be another year of Turgeon likely getting a pass, this time due to all of the roster attrition.

Isn't part of the job dealing with roster attrition?

32 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Isn't part of the job dealing with roster attrition?

Of course.

My post was meant to predict that more excuses will be made for him, it was not meant to be supportive of those excuses.

On 3/29/2018 at 3:55 AM, glenn__davis said:

Fernando and Huerter going pro or transferring?  That would be a huge disappointment. 

Really surprised Justin Jackson is going pro.  Doubt he gets drafted in the first round.  He really could have used another year to prove that he is an NBA level talent.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:32 AM, ChuckS said:

Fernando and Huerter going pro or transferring?  That would be a huge disappointment. 

Really surprised Justin Jackson is going pro.  Doubt he gets drafted in the first round.  He really could have used another year to prove that he is an NBA level talent.

Decent chance Fernando goes pro I would think.  Not a slam dunk (pun intended) by any stretch, but he's going to have good measurables at the combine.  Huerter seems less likely, but you never know, I've heard whispers of him testing the waters.

Pretty widely rumored that Jackson was gone a while ago.  If you don't make the league you can always make a good living in Europe.

Player movement aside, I'm more concerned with Maryland's "internal investigation" into its basketball program. Are we facing sanctions, probation etc? What are the influential Alumni thinking???

Not too concerned about the internal investigation for the time being.  Seems like it was an outside agency that the MD coaching staff legitimately may have known nothing about.  I'm far from being a fan of Turgeon the Coach, but Turgeon the Man seems like a good guy and I'm guessing him and his program are pretty clean.  At least I sure hope so, because if he's cheating and this is the best he can do he's got bigger problems lol.

Anyone see in Tuesdays Wall Street Journal that MD basketball is ranked 10th in value. Kentucky no surprise ranked no. 1. On the court, it's another story and it shouldn't be.

3 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Anyone see in Tuesdays Wall Street Journal that MD basketball is ranked 10th in value. Kentucky no surprise ranked no. 1. On the court, it's another story and it shouldn't be.

I don't know how they came up with that, but that's pretty interesting. 

If players leave early then this on Turgeon as well. Either players know he can't develop them or he's bringing in knuckleheads who think the year after they missed almost a whole year due to injury that they are ready to go pro. 

This program is really a disaster right now and that falls on Turgeon's shoulders. 

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't know how they came up with that, but that's pretty interesting. 

If players leave early then this on Turgeon as well. Either players know he can't develop them or he's bringing in knuckleheads who think the year after they missed almost a whole year due to injury that they are ready to go pro. 

This program is really a disaster right now and that falls on Turgeon's shoulders. 

Off the court, we're pretty successful. Based on revenues, expenses, etc.  On court, hoping the influential Alumni step in and end this joke operation.

Surprised it wasn't posted yet (unless I missed it), but Bruno is declaring but not signing with an agent yet, leaving open the possibility of coming back.

My guess is he shows well at the combine and leaves.