I watched the pilot episode of Barry last night.    It airs Sunday nights on HBO, but I was streaming it on HBO Now.    In the show, Bill Hader plays a Gulf War vet who has been struggling to find a sense of purpose and has taken up a career as a hit man.    While following a mark, he stumbles into an acting class and falls in love with it.    I can’t say more without ruining the plot.

Anyway, the show is drawing rave reviews, and I love Bill Hader.   The pilot was promising and I’ll definitely catch up on episode 2 in the next day or two.   Episode 3 airs this weekend.   

I new Bill Hader was working on a series for HBO, but I didn't know that it was out already.  I thought I read that it was supposed to be different that what you normally see him in.  A bit of a dark comedy/drama-feel rather than just typical comedy fluff.  Did you get that kind of vipe from the show or is it too early to tell?

I'll have to check this show out when I get the chance.

17 hours ago, Elbren said:

I new Bill Hader was working on a series for HBO, but I didn't know that it was out already.  I thought I read that it was supposed to be different that what you normally see him in.  A bit of a dark comedy/drama-feel rather than just typical comedy fluff.  Did you get that kind of vipe from the show or is it too early to tell?

Yes, definitely a darker vibe.   By the way, if you’ve ever seen the movie The Skeleton Twins (in which Hader co-stars with Kristen Wiig), you’ll know that Hader is quite capable of playing a character with a dark side.

On 4/6/2018 at 10:40 AM, Frobby said:

Yes, definitely a darker vibe.   By the way, if you’ve ever seen the movie The Skeleton Twins (in which Hader co-stars with Kristen Wiig), you’ll know that Hader is quite capable of playing a character with a dark side.

Very entertaining movie.  Saw it a few years ago on Netflix.

On 4/5/2018 at 11:32 AM, Frobby said:

I watched the pilot episode of Barry last night.    It airs Sunday nights on HBO, but I was streaming it on HBO Now.    In the show, Bill Hader plays a Gulf War vet who has been struggling to find a sense of purpose and has taken up a career as a hit man.    While following a mark, he stumbles into an acting class and falls in love with it.    I can’t say more without ruining the plot.

Anyway, the show is drawing rave reviews, and I love Bill Hader.   The pilot was promising and I’ll definitely catch up on episode 2 in the next day or two.   Episode 3 airs this weekend.   

I was thinking about checking it out, but hadn't heard anyone's opinion of it yet. In queue, I'll get to it once I catch up with all the O's milb stuff worth catching up on.