Sign in to follow this  
bobmc

Masters 2018

22 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

How is Tiger doing??

Five off the pace - +1 for the day.  Spieth tied for lead.

Chairman Boz with another nice slice of golf history!

"At the first tee, Reed enjoyed a warm cheer. But then the roar for the popular McIlroy was much louder. Yes, the same McIlroy whom Reed had beaten in a vital Ryder Cup match that helped the United States prevail in 2016. Those Sunday cheers for the player from Northern Ireland, not Reed, “kind of fueled my fire a little bit,” the victor said. “The pressure lifted.”

They pick Rory. They cheer for Rory. What am I, chubby?

“The more chatter you have in your ear about expectations, the harder it is to play golf,” said Reed, who, despite his three-stroke lead, had found a way to make himself the underdog."

Rex_The_2018_Masters_Tournament_Aug_9570

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/patrick-reed-conquers-the-masters-golfs-greatest-psychological-test/2018/04/08/114b5bb2-3b4d-11e8-a7d1-e4efec6389f0_story.html?utm_term=.ca9f29271860

I love it.

That course just does not set up well for Rory. He's not a good putter and boy did it show yesterday. To my unprofessional eye, it looks like he's got some alignment issues (probably some demons too, given what he's endured @ that haunting place.)

Good for Patrick Reed. He's a swashbuckler... he took some big time chances yesterday and they almost all paid off. Plus he was fortunate as well, as I have no clue how that ball stuck to the 2nd cut mount on #13. 99 times out of 100 that trickles back into Rae's Creek.

He's just as great a champion as anybody. He earned it in the face of that entire place rooting against him. USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I love it.

That course just does not set up well for Rory. He's not a good putter and boy did it show yesterday. To my unprofessional eye, it looks like he's got some alignment issues (probably some demons too, given what he's endured @ that haunting place.)

Good for Patrick Reed. He's a swashbuckler... he took some big time chances yesterday and they almost all paid off. Plus he was fortunate as well, as I have no clue how that ball stuck to the 2nd cut mount on #13. 99 times out of 100 that trickles back into Rae's Creek.

He's just as great a champion as anybody. He earned it in the face of that entire place rooting against him. USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golf gods are fickle mistresses!  I have no clue why they make me SHANK when I'm trying to shoot my age either.  Or chili dip ... or blade...grumble grumble.  Agree on all counts - loved his W yesterday amid all of the great golfers around him.