Sign in to follow this  
dorfmac

Dez

We still need a WR and he fits the criteria for an Ozzie-type move. Chip on his shoulder, just about 30, no impact on draft picks. Him and Crabtree would quickly boost us into the top half of the league when it comes to the WR position. Ultimately, I don't think we can count on Joe to make the decisions/throws either way, but having Dez paired with Crab can certainly give us hope.

He can't stay on the field, and when he can his production is way down. Also a pain in the butt. And will want to get a ton of money because of his name.

No thanks.

The main reason I don't want him is that it might influence their first round draft pick.    They have got to draft a young stud play maker and stop relying on older guys cut from other teams.    I want Moore or Ridley.  It pains me to see mocks where these two guys are going to playoff teams.  The rich get richer while the Ravens follow their BPA model and draft some O-lineman.  Yeah, Ogden was the right move in '96.  Fat chance there is another Ogden in this draft. 

Jeff Zrebiec seems to want him to wear the purple and black this year.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-dez-bryant-20180415-story.html

Says the Ravens are absolutely interested in signing him (the line "Ravens fans seem infatuated with the idea") seems a little odd to me, as most of the feedback I've personally heard mirrors what's been written here.

I'm sure he can help our team at the right price but I bet he can get more elsewhere.   Plus he seems to want to play in the NFC East.

33 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Jeff Zrebiec seems to want him to wear the purple and black this year.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-dez-bryant-20180415-story.html

Says the Ravens are absolutely interested in signing him (the line "Ravens fans seem infatuated with the idea") seems a little odd to me, as most of the feedback I've personally heard mirrors what's been written here.

I'm sure he can help our team at the right price but I bet he can get more elsewhere.   Plus he seems to want to play in the NFC East.

Wonder if he heads to that other team that plays in Maryland? 

7 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Wonder if he heads to that other team that plays in Maryland? 

It definitely would make some sense.  Curious what those other fans might think............

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

It definitely would make some sense.  Curious what those other fans might think............

Look at their depth chart at that position and what team he's coming from. That would like us getting Antonio brown. 

Just now, MDtransplant757 said:

Look at their depth chart at that position and what team he's coming from. That would like us getting Antonio brown. 

AB is arguably the best WR in all of pro football.   Dez Bryant isn't that.   He is probably more of a #2 now to be honest, although I guess in Washington he would be a new #1.   With apologies to Josh Doctson.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

AB is arguably the best WR in all of pro football.   Dez Bryant isn't that.   He is probably more of a #2 now to be honest, although I guess in Washington he would be a new #1.   With apologies to Josh Doctson.

I know, that's just the first comparison that came to mind. 

On 4/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, Aglets said:

That does seem like a Snyder-type of move ...

Didn't the skins already say they aren't interested in him? 

I agree with earlier poster that said I wouldn't want him to impact our draft plans. I say get Dez and then proceed to draft Ridley if he is available. I've seen too many mocks projecting us with the Bama DT, which would be so disappointing...