Sign in to follow this  
Diehard_O's_Fan

Detroit Series

9 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I would like to know what the plan is for David Hess. Will the Orioles option him before Tuesday's game? Is he going to replace Tillman in the rotation?

I think he was brought up to be a long man Sunday in case Bundy got knocked out early.   Period.   I don't think they intend to put in him in the rotation.

10 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I just noticed that the Tigers have had their last three games postponed. I wonder if that will help or hurt the Orioles. Who will all pitch in Detroit? Will the Orioles skip Tillman's turn in the rotation?

God I hope so.  Hope they start Cashner, Gausman, Cobb (all on normal or more rest) and Dylan for the first game against Cleveland on normal rest. Skip Tillman if you're so scared to release him, like the Orioles seem to be.

57 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Nope. Tillman will give up up about 5 runs over five innings, but we will score a ton and he will get the win. Buck will say, "Tilly did a great job for us and he has more wins than Bunday." 

Sounds about right.  Tillman clearly didn't have it in ST, and clearly doesn't have it after three starts.  But they will make excuse after excuse to protect their guy.

Looks like we face Liriano and then Matthew Boyd in the first two games, who have both been good in each of their starts, and then Zimmermann, who has continued his post-free-agency implosion. 

Really need a series win to get back on the right foot. 

1 hour ago, pastorfan said:

Nope. Tillman will give up up about 5 runs over five innings, but we will score a ton and he will get the win. Buck will say, "Tilly did a great job for us and he has more wins than Bunday." 

xD

Tuesday
 Andrew Cashner vs. Francisco Liriano (1-1) 2.13 (0.95)

Liriano took a no hitter into the fifth in his last start against Cleveland, but lost 2-0 since the Tigers offense has issues scoring as well. Liriano has been really good in two starts.

Wednesday

Kevin Gausman vs Matthew Boyd (0-1) 1.38 (0.62)

Boyd has pitched six and seven innings of one run ball in his first two starts and is the first lefty to do so to open the season for the Tigers since Kenny Rogers in 2007. However, he has nothing to show for it because the Tigers don't score any runs for him,

Thursday

TBD vs Jordan Zimmerman (0-0) 8.18 (1.55)

Zimmerman was hit in the face with a line drive in the first inning of his last start against Cleveland, but will apparently make this start anyway. He hasn't been very good, but the Tigers must score runs for him since he has no losses.

Who will be the TBD?

1 hour ago, pastorfan said:

If Buck starts calling him, "Bunday," I will crap in my hat.

I met her on Monday
it was my lucky Bunday
You know what I mean.

8 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Thursday

TBD vs Jordan Zimmerman (0-0) 8.18 (1.55)

Zimmerman was hit in the face with a line drive in the first inning of his last start against Cleveland, but will apparently make this start anyway. He hasn't been very good, but the Tigers must score runs for him since he has no losses.

Who will be the TBD?

Roch is reporting that it will likely be Cobb on Thursday but the O's won't confirm it yet until after his 'workout day.'

11 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I just noticed that the Tigers have had their last three games postponed. I wonder if that will help or hurt the Orioles. Who will all pitch in Detroit? Will the Orioles skip Tillman's turn in the rotation?

Yeah I have no idea either, but the O's need some wins Roch said today it looks like the plan is to skip Tillman and right now that's a good idea and Wright stays in the BP.

The Orioles need some wins badly if this offense does no come thru in Detroit they are getting close to digging hole you can't climb out of in the AL east. It would take a really good run and almost a 90 degree turn in what this team has shown so far. o.O

On 4/15/2018 at 11:17 PM, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I just noticed that the Tigers have had their last three games postponed. I wonder if that will help or hurt the Orioles ??? Who will all pitch in Detroit ??? Will the Orioles skip Tillman's turn in the rotation ???

o

Opposite Dugout: Sleepy Bats a Factor in Tigers’ Slow Start

(By Doug Miller)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/04/opposite-dugout-sleepy-bats-a-factor-in-tigers-slow-start.html

o