Luke-OH

Ryan McKenna 2018

2 hours ago, accinfo said:

McKenna didn't play today.  I guess he is heading to their All-Star game this Tuesday.  Is he playing for Bowie Thursday night?

Maybe not, Thursday. But, I think it will be within the next couple of weeks.

4 hours ago, accinfo said:

McKenna didn't play today.  I guess he is heading to their All-Star game this Tuesday.  Is he playing for Bowie Thursday night?

1 hour ago, Flacco Machado said:

Maybe not, Thursday. But, I think it will be within the next couple of weeks.

Before the end of next week is my guess, with Ring and Gassaway coming back.

32 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Before the end of next week is my guess, with Ring and Gassaway coming back.

I have a hard time believing that organizational guys like Ring and Gassaway have any impact on when a top prospect gets promoted.

• Upvote 1

Just now, POR said:

I have a hard time believing that organizational guys like Ring and Gassaway have any impact on when a top prospect gets promoted.

It's more of a "have someone to cover his spot when he moves."

They come off the DL and you now have 27 players for a 25 man roster. So...Move atleast 1 player up. It's the time when most players would move up a level anyway. 

5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It's more of a "have someone to cover his spot when he moves."

They come off the DL and you now have 27 players for a 25 man roster. So...Move atleast 1 player up. It's the time when most players would move up a level anyway. 

Again that now how decisions to move top prospects are made.  If they wanted to move McKenna to Bowie before Ring and or Gassaway they would have sent someone like D'Arby Myers to Frederick to fill in.  If Ring and Gassaway come back before they want to move McKenna up, they move would made roster adjustments.

For whatever reason, they want McKenna to complete the first half of the season in Frederick. The All Star game is Tuesday an I think he will them be promoted.  It may be the same time that Gassaway and Ring come back but that would be a coincidence more than being driven by that. 

I attended the Keys game on Saturday vs. Down East.  Came away very impressed with McKenna.  The kid is FAST and seems to couple that with good base running instincts (things like secondary lead, etc.).  On one Rasmus single, he was on third almost prior to Rasmus getting to first!  Been said here already, but McKenna was clearly the best player on the field.

Also don't sell Preston Palmeiro short.  Nice compact swing, I like what I saw of him too.  Alex Wells certainly struggled, or battled, depending on your POV.  Never know though, he may have been instructed to use secondary pitches in situations where he would have otherwise used his out pitch.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, beantownrefugee said:

I attended the Keys game on Saturday vs. Down East.  Came away very impressed with McKenna.  The kid is FAST and seems to couple that with good base running instincts (things like secondary lead, etc.).  On one Rasmus single, he was on third almost prior to Rasmus getting to first!  Been said here already, but McKenna was clearly the best player on the field.

Also don't sell Preston Palmeiro short.  Nice compact swing, I like what I saw of him too.  Alex Wells certainly struggled, or battled, depending on your POV.  Never know though, he may have been instructed to use secondary pitches in situations where he would have otherwise used his out pitch.

Saw the same thing in Lowell when he was with iron birds. Best player on the field.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:20 PM, Luke-OH said:

McKenna gets some love on a fantasy baseball focused site.

https://razzball.com/minor-league-update-ryan-mckenna-is-streaking/

Featuring @justD's video.

Oh man, that's so cool. The guy retweeted me but I had no idea who he was. My 15 minutes! Haha

I just didn't have time to get around to posting it here...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Oh man, that's so cool. The guy retweeted me but I had no idea who he was. My 15 minutes! Haha

I just didn't have time to get around to posting it here...

Don't be so modest. Project Prospect tracked you down at the Arizona Fall League...

On 6/17/2018 at 7:49 PM, accinfo said:

From Melewski:

Tonight, he’ll lead a contingent of five Frederick Keys in the Carolina League All-Star game, and he could be promoted soon to Double-A Bowie, although that decision had not been made as of this past weekend.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Nice article on McKenna by Steve Melewski:

McKenna should be promoted to Bowie this week IMO.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/06/maine-man-ryan-mckennas-breakout-year-on-the-os-farm.html

Great article.    He deserves to be promoted after the All Star game tonight.   Could get crowded there with Hays due back soon.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Great article.    He deserves to be promoted after the All Star game tonight.   Could get crowded there with Hays due back soon.   

I can fix that problem, just promote Hays, up a level. :)

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not when he’s hitting .224 and just coming back from an injury.  

23 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Didn't Mullins just move up to AAA?  Who are the other AA Outfielders?  Is Stewart still in AA?  I don't believe there are 3 actual prospects in the AA outfield.