Roy Firestone

Simple question. Have you lost hope?

o

(APRIL 26th)

........ Roch tries to remain positive, and give Orioles fans hope that this team will turn it around soon. For what its worth, he says this IS NOT the worst Orioles team that he has covered. So weve got that going for us, which is nice ........

Enrolling in the School of Roch

(By Bobby Blanco)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/04/masn-all-access-podcast-enrolling-in-the-school-of-roch.html

o

I'm not expecting a playoff run this season. I never was expecting anything like that. I still enjoy baseball and the drama of it, so I ll continue to follow it.

Don't get me wrong, I am still an Orioles fan and I still want a rebuild. First, I want DD gone, that will be the first step in a rebuild. He has done too much of mortgaging the future.

On 4/23/2018 at 6:48 PM, birdwatcher55 said:

I have totally cashed it in on this season. I count the days down until Duquette and Showalter are history come October..160 and counting!!

"Until Duquette and Showalter are history". 

This^

I can do better for 1/10th of their salaries. 

Winston Churchill said:  Never ever ever give up!

It is simply too soon to give up all hope.  The odds say the season is over.  But it is still April.  This team looks terrible, and it has had almost everything break wrong.  I do think there can be some meaningful baseball ahead.  My fear is simply this.  IF things are no better in June, and a sell off is coming...who is at the wheel?  And honestly, is that not the preeminent question facing the Baltimore Orioles today?

How about we name a GM next week and see how this goes.

15 minutes ago, foxfield said:

It is simply too soon to give up all hope.  The odds say the season is over.  But it is still April.  This team looks terrible, and it has had almost everything break wrong.  I do think there can be some meaningful baseball ahead.  My fear is simply this.  IF things are no better in June, and a sell off is coming...who is at the wheel?  And honestly, is that not the preeminent question facing the Baltimore Orioles today?

Related image

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Churchill had tanks, guns, planes and ships. Using that analogy, I’m having trouble envisioning an Oriole offensive which can turn the tide. 

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

Churchill had tanks, guns, planes and ships. Using that analogy, I’m having trouble envisioning an Oriole offensive which can turn the tide. 

Maybe we could institute some sort of lend-lease program with a team like the Astros?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe we could institute some sort of lend-lease program with a team like the Astros?

Which ally country would Trumbo’s return from the DL be in this scenario?

56 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They actually do this in soccer in Europe.  They loan players who aren't getting playing time to other clubs while retaining their rights past that season.  I wouldn't loan anyone to the O's as they are currently coached as I think they'd screw them up....

• Upvote 1

Since the era of modern division playoffs began, 19 teams started their season with records of 6-18 or worse.   None of them reached the playoffs.

The Orioles will not be the first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1