Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

19 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Assuming Seager returns healthy, they have no more reason than MIL or CLE.

Machado is a clear upgrade at 3B over Turner.  Assuming Machado is willing to shift back to 3B.

With most teams using analytics now, any team making a big investment will want Manny to play 3B.

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Machado is a clear upgrade at 3B over Turner.  Assuming Machado is willing to shift back to 3B.

With most teams using analytics now, any team making a big investment will want Manny to play 3B.

Manny will play SS wherever he lands except for NY.

33 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Manny will play SS wherever he lands except for NY.

He will have some say when he signs next year. He has no control this year and I don’t think it will matter to him long term. The SS demands are more to do about getting the most money. I’m sure Mannys people know he’s a GG 3rd basemen and a Soso defensive SS

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I'd be surprised if we were able to get Haseley their #3 and Medina their #2.

if so I'd like Medina, Haseley, Suarez/De Los Santos, Irvin, and Bannon

otherwise 

Medina, Gamboa, Suarez , Irvin , and Muzzioti

I think you're going to be disappointed if you're expecting five players in return for Manny. When's the last time a single player was dealt for five prospects at the trade deadline?

I know Bedard and Tejada were each traded for five guys, but those weren't deadline deals, and each still had two full seasons left on their contracts.

1 minute ago, MrOrange82 said:

I really do hate that people like Heyman can remain employed indefinitely by "reporting" vague, inconsequential nonsense. 

Heyman has two jobs, whichever one his normal one is plus what Boras pays him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PaulFolk said:

I think you're going to be disappointed if you're expecting five players in return for Manny. When's the last time a single player was dealt for five prospects at the trade deadline?

I know Bedard and Tejada were each traded for five guys, but those weren't deadline deals, and each still had two full seasons left on their contracts.

Think he meant for both Machado and Britton.

Just now, MrOrange82 said:

I really do hate that people like Heyman can remain employed indefinitely by "reporting" vague, inconsequential nonsense. 

When someone on MLB Network presses him on anything, he immediately starts waffling.

2 minutes ago, MrOrange82 said:

It is annoying. Pretty impossible to tell if he's just throwing stuff at a wall or if it's legit. When he isn't the first one to report he just copies other people's stories and posts something based on what others are hearing.

Just hope he's right I guess.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He will have some say when he signs next year. He has no control this year and I don’t think it will matter to him long term. The SS demands are more to do about getting the most money. I’m sure Mannys people know he’s a GG 3rd basemen and a Soso defensive SS

I think you are mistaken. Manny really wants to play SS. It's more challenging and exciting to him. Next year all things being equal he will play for the team that wants him at SS. The money differences wont be all that great.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Heyman has two jobs, whichever one his normal one is plus what Boras pays him.

I’m guessing Fancred.com is not exactly paying him a fortune.    

I don't know if anyone breached this idea or not, but it dawned on me that the Angelos family may be more inclined to trade Manny to the Phillies because it would make it more difficult for the Nats. I get the idea that with the MASN dispute etc. there is no love lost between the two franchises.

25 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

We were talking about Manny and Zach as a package deal to the Phillies, that's why it was five players.