Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

Good way to kill the game. Players are making more now than ever...all the while attendance and interest is waning. 

MLB is making more annual profits than ever before, so it makes sense the players deserve a greater amount as well.

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I was looking back for the post that someone put here a little over and hour ago that mentioned a 5 for 1 from the Dodgers. I tried searching a bunch of ways and cant find it. I don't want Sixto and Medina over an offensive package that includes Verdugo/DIaz, Lux, and May among others! The Orioles have some good pitching coming ...They need to get guys who can get on and score runs 

The 5 for one was Diaz, May, Jackson and Kremer with Forsythe added in for salary purposes. Lux was replaced by Jackson in order to get May IMO. A lot could changes, but that is roughly the Dodgers #4, #10, #22 and #28 overall. I think that the Orioles ended up with two top #100 prospects and two flyers with upside.

• Upvote 1

Good way to kill the game. Players are making more now than ever...all the while attendance and interest is waning. 

Teams have figured out giving big contracts to players 30 years or older is usually a mistake.

Unless MLB is going back to pumping up players with HGH like Bonds and Clemens to extend careers.

1 minute ago, GoldGlove21 said:

The 5 for one was Diaz, May, Jackson and Kremer with Forsythe added in for salary purposes. Lux was replaced by Jackson in order to get May IMO.

Kremer has 125 K in 86 innings this year, almost all at A+.

Just now, dorfmac said:

MLB is making more annual profits than ever before, so it makes sense the players deserve a greater amount as well.

Supply and demand. Salaries have climbed at some points quicker than profits. 

Which free agent that didn't get what they wanted last off season would have been a good overpay?

33 minutes ago, baltfan said:

How long has it been since the Indians won a World Series?

They have one remaining player that is still alive from that team and he is 97.  Win won while Eddie Robinson can still enjoy the victory. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chito said:

Kremer has 125 K in 86 innings this year, almost all at A+.

Good numbers... still far enough away from advanced competition. I like this deal if true and Britton is not included. If Britton is included I like it a good bit less.

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hooooooooooooo boy. Look at that ridiculousness.

Imma like!  Showing your age brah!  

Which free agent that didn't get what they wanted last off season would have been a good overpay?

Certainly not Alex Cobb.

Just now, GoldGlove21 said:

Good numbers... still far enough away from advanced competition. I like this deal if true and Britton is not included. If Britton is included I like it a good bit less.

He also didn't pitch full-time until junior college. Still very much a work in progress.

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

By definition, there is no such thing as a good overpay.

And my statement was a general one that increased revenue should lead to increased salaries as well, and that's true whether it's baseball, bartending, or basketweaving.

5 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

The 5 for one was Diaz, May, Jackson and Kremer with Forsythe added in for salary purposes. Lux was replaced by Jackson in order to get May IMO. A lot could changes, but that is roughly the Dodgers #4, #10, #22 and #28 overall. I think that the Orioles ended up with two top #100 prospects and two flyers with upside.

Thanks ..... This would be a good deal. So Diaz is a top 100?

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Let’s hatch our chickens before we count them.    “Outstanding” is a subjective term in any event.   One person might think it means two top 50 picks plus, another might think two top 100 picks plus, another might think one top 100 and a couple of guys with upside.   

I think Outstanding is the correct term. I think many thought that the return would be middlin'

Will Angelos nix the deal if Diaz is involved?  IIRC, doesn't Angelos have an issue with Cuban defectors or was that under Fidel's regime?