Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Oh yeah you attacked me for no reason once.  Maybe I should add you to the ignore list. 

Adults threatening to put other adults on ignore lists.  Whoever said all you need to know is what you learned in Kindergarten is absolutely right.

2 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

It's 2 weeks prior to the deadline and 9:30 AM of the morning after of a reported agreement.

Calm down guys.

Got you. I'm just saying. I feel like in 3 days, there are going to be 2 top pitchers from the Phillies taking physicals at Camden Yards. And then the Oriole doctors will find something wrong with their elbows and then we try to circle back with the Dodgers. Meanwhile, there will be continued unsubstantiated reports about what was possibly offered by the Dodgers and Brewers, sending all Orioles fans into that same old feeling of frustration and despondence. 

Starting to smell fishy (Angelos-y) to me. That's all I'm saying. I don't expect anything to be done today or tomorrow. 

If one is giving opinions in any sort of public forum, virtual or otherwise, he or she should be prepared to receive criticism.

• Haha 1

Just now, jtschrei said:

Got you. I'm just saying. I feel like in 3 days, there are going to be 2 top pitchers from the Phillies taking physicals at Camden Yards. And then the Oriole doctors will find something wrong with their elbows and then we try to circle back with the Dodgers. Meanwhile, there will be continued unsubstantiated reports about what was possibly offered by the Dodgers and Brewers, sending all Orioles fans into that same old feeling of frustration and despondence. 

Starting to smell fishy (Angelos-y) to me. That's all I'm saying. I don't expect anything to be done today or tomorrow. 

Well, word has it Pete Angelos has zero to do with the organization now. So if so...I doubt it's that.

Just now, ISU94 said:

Well, word has it Pete Angelos has zero to do with the organization now. So if so...I doubt it's that.

I hope it's true.  You hope it's true.  We all hope it's true.  

But just as recently as the Britton trade to Houston, he wasn't.  Squashed that thing like a bug.

So...you never can tell.  I'd love to be surprised though.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

Peter Angelos will forever be sitting on his front porch shaking his cane at the neighborhood kids until the day he dies. 

2 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Or they are giving Milwaukee and Philly ONE LAST SHOT to up their offer before finally pulling the trigger with LA. Or they are trying to make LA THINK that Milwaukee or Philly is upping their offer so they sweeten their pot slightly in the last hours. The O's are in control ATM. Top player in MLB being traded this year, and it's 7/18... Not even CLOSE to 7/31. 

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh if they're Rule 5 eligible, it's all over.  Orioles taking it to new levels going after Rule 5 guys before they can actually get to the Rule 5 draft.  Makes too much sense.

Orioles can only take so many potential Rule 5 guys as well.  Any of them that they take, they would have to put on their own 40 man roster.  Maybe not such an issue now, but if you deal veterans for more than one guy then they also may have to be protected depending on how close they are. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hope it's true.  You hope it's true.  We all hope it's true.  

But just as recently as the Britton trade to Houston, he wasn't.  Squashed that thing like a bug.

So...you never can tell.  I'd love to be surprised though.

Agreed, just been a lot of guys in the know saying it to be the case including Tony. So I'm just going to assume it's true until it's not.

Either way, it's also just speculation with zero basis that medicals are holding this up. Still early in the morning as well so there's no reason to think there's anything holding it up either.

Stop panicking. The Orioles have two days to get this trade completed. It's going to happen. Step away from the computer, smart phone, tablet and enjoy the sunshine until it does. 

32 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh if they're Rule 5 eligible, it's all over.  Orioles taking it to new levels going after Rule 5 guys before they can actually get to the Rule 5 draft.  Makes too much sense.

8 rule 5 guys next year.  I'm calling it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

At this point, there is no way we can run Manny back out onto the field on Friday. 

Sure there is. No one on the O's side of things has said anything about him being gone.

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Orioles can only take so many potential Rule 5 guys as well.  Any of them that they take, they would have to put on their own 40 man roster.  Maybe not such an issue now, but if you deal veterans for more than one guy then they also may have to be protected depending on how close they are

Guys will be called up from the minors and guys on the Major League team will be released or traded.  I don't think the rule 5 is going to be a problem for the Orioles.