Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh come on.

Remove emotion from the situation.  Seriously, take a deep breath, count to 10.

Is he wrong?  

Agreed.  I've been a fan of this team some 20 years.  I like what I am hearing but they do not get the benefit of the doubt.  Not until they execute this correctly and then keep executing correctly for a while.

8 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

It's every article man. Every single one. You think other teams don't have problems or past troubles inside the org? I don't see then being blasted at an org time and time again by the guy. He's clearly salty still about something from his time here.

Is he wrong about how Pete did business? No. But he was the one saying Pete is out of the picture as well. If thats the case, then yes, he may very well be wrong.

Do you not doubt that the Orioles are still a mess.  Why attack the messenger.  We don't even know who is the final decision maker on a trade. Obviously the Orioles are a complete cluster f.   I think Manny is a good enough player that other teams put up with their nonsense.  

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know if it's every article.  I haven't read all his articles, I am assuming you haven't either.  I don't have a subscription to the Athletic.  But it's certainly every article posted here because...well, it's an Orioles board.  We're not talking about the Padres and if he's writing an article about the Padres none of us are going to see it.  If he writes it and it's Orioles related, it's going to be posted here.  On top of that, the Machado trade is one of the 3 biggest stories in the sport right now, if not the biggest so he's got to write about it.  So sure, it seems like it's every article.  

He took a direct quote from two people who are involved in the process and reported it.  Those quotes jive with what we already know about dealing with the Orioles.  I don't see what the problem is.  If it's another writer writing that, are we whining about that writer too? 

There has been at least 4-5 articles in the last week from Ken with this same stuff put in there.

We have heard Olney say the complete opposite about us.

So yes, I think there's good reason to question a guy that bashes us every chance he gets. It's annoying.

I dont know, it seems other GM's generally dont like dealing with the O's unless they have to,  on trades. Its obvious the O's have stringent medical standards that go beyond what most teams have. 

Just now, Barnaby Graves said:

Agreed.  I've been a fan of this team some 20 years.  I like what I am hearing but they do not get the benefit of the doubt.  Not until they execute this correctly and then keep executing correctly for a while.

Until the trade is official, there is no reason to give Orioles the benefit of the doubt.  Sign Davis long term and forced to trade Manny because they don't have enough $$$. 

Hopefully this is a turning point and the team starts doing things the right way. 

25 minutes ago, atomic said:

A rival GM said the Orioles weren't hanging up when they asked about Gausman and Bundy. I see no reason to keep Gausman and Bundy if you are doing a rebuild. 

Gausman will be a FA in 2 years, if we are truly rebuilding, I see no reason not to trade him.  Bundy will be a FA I 3 years, I would wait until next year with him

Just now, ISU94 said:

There has been at least 4-5 articles in the last week from Ken with this same stuff put in there.

So yes, I think there's good reason to question a guy that bashes us every chance he gets. It's annoying.

Just tell me who is making the decision on the trade for the Orioles. 

Just now, fansince71 said:

Have we broke the Tex record for pages in a thread yet

That was 10 mega threads long, and the decision was made to stop periodically and start a new thread as events unfolded.  From a baseball standpoint, that will always be the #1 topic.

2 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

I think this is a case of you believing what you want to believe.  Which is fine, everyone is guilty of that, myself included.  I'd like to believe Olney and maybe this process got off to a good start.  But as we're getting closer to the finish line here, you gotta wonder.

Again, Rosenthal is taking two direct quotes from people that are working on the deal.  That can't be ignored no matter how much you hate Rosenthal.  

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Just tell me who is making the decision on the trade for the Orioles. 

John Angelos has final say.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe for one thread.  Tex had multiple threads, didn't know it got that crazy.

You could at least add a trigger warning before dredging up such misery. 

Just now, ISU94 said:

John Angelos has final say.

That isn't a distinct fact as ownership is slowly shifting. That's my guess though, and based on reports id say there is good reason.