Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

Just now, ISU94 said:

John Angelos has final say.

That isn't a distinct fact as ownership is slowly shifting. That's my guess though, and based on reports id say there is good reason.

1 minute ago, MikeAD said:

You could at least add a trigger warning before dredging up such misery. 

Tex was dead to me the minute he signed with the Yankees.  I was over it a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, MikeAD said:

You could at least add a trigger warning before dredging up such misery. 

I think that event caused one poster to create the video of the Jtrea meltdown after...was absolutely fantastic stuff. 

2 minutes ago, NATTYBO's said:

Gausman will be a FA in 2 years, if we are truly rebuilding, I see no reason not to trade him.  Bundy will be a FA I 3 years, I would wait until next year with him

I'm not sure if we're going to see a total rebuild. Knowing this Front Office, I think they're going to look at Bundy/Gausman/Cashner/Cobb and see a rotation that can compete. They're going to look at Hays, Mullins, and Mountcastle and see guys who can contribute and are ready. I think we see Jones resigned and another half-hearted shot at being relevant in 2019.

I could be totally wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NATTYBO's said:

Gausman will be a FA in 2 years, if we are truly rebuilding, I see no reason not to trade him.  Bundy will be a FA I 3 years, I would wait until next year with him

I’d wait on Givens too and not rush on Gausman. There’s a lot of other work to be done in the next two weeks.

It will also potentially help recruit a better next GM if we dangle a top 2 pick and several trade pieces to work with.

Tex was truly a huge ordeal on here.  I can't believe that was 10 years ago.

That was when Trea wanted to have a lineup of Tex, Prince Fielder and any other first baseman at any position.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theocean said:

I'm not sure if we're going to see a total rebuild. Knowing this Front Office, I think they're going to look at Bundy/Gausman/Cashner/Cobb and see a rotation that can compete. They're going to look at Hays, Mullins, and Mountcastle and see guys who can contribute and are ready. I think we see Jones resigned and another half-hearted shot at being relevant in 2019.

I could be totally wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

Unfortunately, I think you could be right.   

3 minutes ago, NATTYBO's said:

I don't know if I agree with this route.  During this process you will have players that should be the foundation of the rebuild and if they deem Bundy, Gausman or Schoop part of that they should be trying to extend them now.  Where they get into the problem is they rarely lock a player up early.  

If I'm the O's I want Schoop and Bundy signed long term so they can serve as leaders of the rebuild process.  Also you have to have some players that the team can promote for the  casual fans.  These 2 players are young, likable and seem to work hard at their craft so they would be my building blocks, not trade chips.

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tex was dead to me the minute he signed with the Yankees.  I was over it a long time ago. 

I mostly just can’t believe I and any of us wasted so much time. It was Christmas!!

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Tex was truly a huge ordeal on here.  I can't believe that was 10 years ago.

That was when Trea wanted to have a lineup of Tex, Prince Fielder and any other first baseman at any position.

Got his wish 10 years later.  Except the 1B at various position don't hit and the O's are on pace for the worst record in team history. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, atomic said:

A rival GM said the Orioles weren't hanging up when they asked about Gausman and Bundy. I see no reason to keep Gausman and Bundy if you are doing a rebuild. 

I would keep Bundy unless got a great offer for him.  He is just as likely to get much better as get much worse.  His work ethic is good for others to witness.  I also think he sets a great example re: changing speeds and locating pitches.  

Gausman would be traded by me if I could get a top 50 piece plus.

43 minutes ago, atomic said:

A rival GM said the Orioles weren't hanging up when they asked about Gausman and Bundy. I see no reason to keep Gausman and Bundy if you are doing a rebuild. 

They would be fools if they didn't listen to offers for either of these guys.   But, it IS the Orioles we're talking about...

1 hour ago, ISU94 said:

It's 2 weeks prior to the deadline and 9:30 AM of the morning after of a reported agreement.

Calm down guys.

Honestly.     People here get so worked up over every little rumor or if things don’t happen instantly.    It is crystal clear to me that Manny will be in another uniform on Friday, and it really doesn’t matter to me whether it gets announced this morning or tomorrow afternoon, other than to satisfy my curiosity over what the return exactly is.

• Upvote 1