Jump to content
Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

  1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

    • The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, theocean said:

I'm not sure if we're going to see a total rebuild. Knowing this Front Office, I think they're going to look at Bundy/Gausman/Cashner/Cobb and see a rotation that can compete. They're going to look at Hays, Mullins, and Mountcastle and see guys who can contribute and are ready. I think we see Jones resigned and another half-hearted shot at being relevant in 2019.

I could be totally wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

You could be right, and it would be consistent with what we've seen in the past few years.  My feeling is that the O's will be open to trading any or all of Bundy / Gausman / Cashner / Cobb (Bundy and Gausman are by far going to draw the most interest).  But they will not just trade to make a trade.  There could be some benefit to stability at SP, while the young positional prospects find their footing at the major league level. Less pressure on them if the SP can keep the team in games.    But I were the GM, I'd be shopping Bundy and Gausman proactively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dustin May scares me.  I see arm problems in his future unless he is just a reliever.  He has the same mechanic issues as Bundy that has led to his injuries.  I'd dump Bundy for this reason.  

I am intrigued by Errol Robinson.  If he develops, he could be a fun ballplayer to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

At this point, there is no way we can run Manny back out onto the field on Friday. 

You'd be surprised.  Last time I checked, we're still paying him.  There is definitely a way he steps back out on the field for us on Friday.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me.

I feel like I'm in the middle of an awful, heart wrenching breakup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JeepTJ12 said:

Dustin May scares me.  I see arm problems in his future unless he is just a reliever.  He has the same mechanic issues as Bundy that has led to his injuries.  I'd dump Bundy for this reason.  

I am intrigued by Errol Robinson.  If he develops, he could be a fun ballplayer to watch.

IF he develops?   He's 23 in AA with a .691 OPS in a decent hitter's league.  I think he's likely a good field, little hit middle infielder.   We probably have a few guys with his skill set in our minor league system right now.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

There has been at least 4-5 articles in the last week from Ken with this same stuff put in there.

We have heard Olney say the complete opposite about us.

So yes, I think there's good reason to question a guy that bashes us every chance he gets. It's annoying.

I mean, he’s quoting people in the article.    It’s not just him spouting his own opinions.    But honestly, I don’t care.    Just wake me up when we know what we got for Manny.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Honestly.     People here get so worked up over every little rumor or if things don’t happen instantly.    It is crystal clear to me that Manny will be in another uniform on Friday, and it really doesn’t matter to me whether it gets announced this morning or tomorrow afternoon, other than to satisfy my curiosity over what the return exactly is.

I want it to be over for Manny. Dude has to be in LA for presser and then back out on the road for a game Friday. He will be going coast to coast.  We will probably trade him Friday at 4 pm or some dumb thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beantownrefugee said:

You could be right, and it would be consistent with what we've seen in the past few years.  My feeling is that the O's will be open to trading any or all of Bundy / Gausman / Cashner / Cobb (Bundy and Gausman are by far going to draw the most interest).  But they will not just trade to make a trade.  There could be some benefit to stability at SP, while the young positional prospects find their footing at the major league level. Less pressure on them if the SP can keep the team in games.    But I were the GM, I'd be shopping Bundy and Gausman proactively.

Having played sports for a good part of my life, I really think a "trade-all-the-veterans-and-start-all-the-kids" scorched earth concept is a bad idea. Baseball players are humans and prospects are also very young humans. They need older guys to learn from.

We always hear about how O'Day is a big part of the bullpen. How Jones leads by example, even though he might not be the best player. I think those things are important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JeepTJ12 said:

Dustin May scares me.  I see arm problems in his future unless he is just a reliever.  He has the same mechanic issues as Bundy that has led to his injuries.  I'd dump Bundy for this reason.  

I am intrigued by Errol Robinson.  If he develops, he could be a fun ballplayer to watch.

I see no similarity in their arm action.  Dylan comes pretty straight over the top and May has more of a 3/4 slot. Could you elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theocean said:

Having played sports for a good part of my life, I really think a "trade-all-the-veterans-and-start-all-the-kids" scorched earth concept is a bad idea. Baseball players are humans and prospects are also very young humans. They need older guys to learn from.

We always hear about how O'Day is a big part of the bullpen. How Jones leads by example, even though he might not be the best player. I think those things are important.

Going halfway last time worked well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

John Angelos has final say.

So you are saying the owner is choosing which prospects to trade for.  That doesn't seem like a constructive situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Going halfway last time worked well.

I would sooner go scorched earth than start signing retreads like David Segui and Marty Cordova for their "veteran" presence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

IF he develops?   He's 23 in AA with a .691 OPS in a decent hitter's league.  I think he's likely a good field, little hit middle infielder.   We probably have a few guys with his skill set in our minor league system right now.   

He's still young.  A lot of things can happen especially with a team change.  I like speed and he has it.  He just needs to put a few things together.  As a package deal, it isn't a bad pickup to see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...