Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

You don't have to keep them, but you don't have to trade them right now, either. With multiple years of control left, you can move them over an offseason just as easily. Too many rental pieces to be sold right now to commit a ton of resources to dealing guys that are under control. If someone calls and has a great sales pitch, hey, let's talk. But they don't need to aggressively shop them right now.

Agreed. It's unlikely that we reach a trade on a guy with multiple years left because there is no reason for us to compromise on price at this time. There should be much more motivation to trade Britton and Jones. 

1 minute ago, 99ct said:

Agreed. It's unlikely that we reach a trade on a guy with multiple years left because there is no reason for us to compromise on price at this time. There should be much more motivation to trade Britton and Jones. 

I agree at the moment you have to focus on the guys who soon become free agents.  You can deal guys in control over the offseason.

11 hours ago, Satyr3206 said:

Ignore the doubters.

@Roll Tide is good people. He can believe who he wants. No worries. This is all going to play out, but I am still sticking to May isn't included. Unless something has happened I am not aware of...MM is still in Bmore today btw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sir_Loin said:

@Roll Tide is good people. He can believe who he wants. No worries. This is all going to play out, but I am still sticking to May isn't included. Unless something has happened I am not aware of...MM is still in Bmore today btw.

Any word on timing of an official announcement?  This can't go on too much longer if Manny is expected to be in uniform Friday.

14 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

Again, still hearing no May. Alvarez might be included however.

Any idea if Heyman is on the right track that 5 total players could be coming back to the O's?

14 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

Unless something has happened I am not aware of...MM is still in Bmore today btw.

Well he needs to know if he has to go to LA first for formal stuff or can just go straight to Milwaukee and meet the team there...

16 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

Lux is  the second guy I’m hoping for.  Whatcha hearing?

19 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

I've been wondering when we would hear from SirLoin. Might have been able to save us several thousand posts of baseless speculation.

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Lux is  the second guy I’m hoping for.  Whatcha hearing?

I haven't heard any rumours with Lux being included.  I think you are going to be disappointed. 

20 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

Yeah, any word as far as other possible guys who may be with Diaz besides Alvarez? Heredia, White, Santana, Rios, etc.? 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I've been wondering when we would hear from SirLoin. Might have been able to save us several thousand posts of baseless speculation.

Or Sir Loin might create several thousand more posts of baseless speculation.

jack-nicholson.jpg