Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

8 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Since we are all speculating here, higher number , Pages in this thread before Manny is officially a Dodger or his contract in millions this offseason?

Ohhh,....good one. Good timing, close call at this moment in time. But I will say pages in the thread. I think we are just past the millions.

It is Lux to me. That's the guy I want back in this trade the most, and he plays a position of highest need. Can't wait to see the final deal.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Since we are all speculating here, higher number , Pages in this thread before Manny is officially a Dodger or his contract in millions this offseason?

I think we've already exceeded the amount that Manny will get. Highest to date is 325 million, and I don't see Machado breaking that mark. 

I feel like this is the worst trade wait I've ever had in my life. We've KNOWN Manny is going to be traded ANY MINUTE since Sunday... It's Wednesday. The anticipation and wait is starting to wear on me a bit. I mean usually we hear a rumor it's about to happen, and within 12 hours we have news. It's been 3 days, we know the team and that's it. I feel like this is very unprecedented. Then again it is the Baltimore Orioles so...

2 minutes ago, Nite said:

I feel like this is the worst trade wait I've ever had in my life. We've KNOWN Manny is going to be traded ANY MINUTE since Sunday... It's Wednesday. The anticipation and wait is starting to wear on me a bit. I mean usually we hear a rumor it's about to happen, and within 12 hours we have news. It's been 3 days, we know the team and that's it. I feel like this is very unprecedented. Then again it is the Baltimore Orioles so...

If we are getting 4 or 5 guys back, that's a ton of physicals.  They take time.  

But yeah, typically we'd here that so and so was spotted at BWI being picked up in a limo by Brady! 

4 minutes ago, Nite said:

It's definitely a weird one. I'm surprised none of the insiders and none of the writers have been able to score any solid names other than Diaz. So strange.

Here’s something I don’t understand...it was reported that we had many teams, making very good offers for Manny, and also reported that some of those teams “sweetened” their offers.  If this is indeed the case, I’d have to imagine that the other teams offers were better than a prospect like Diaz and a bunch of “throw ins”.  Sure Diaz is a nice, intriguing prospect and I’m certainly not guilable enough to believe the Dodgers (or any team for that matter) are going to give us their best 3 prospects but I guess I’m just confused if other teams sweetened their offers yet we’re going to accept the Dodgers offer of Diaz plus a few “throw ins”.  Am I making any sense or just rambling here?  Lol.

8 minutes ago, Nite said:

The Bedard trade was worse.   That dragged on for weeks.

2 minutes ago, millertime said:

Here’s something I don’t understand...it was reported that we had many teams, making very good offers for Manny, and also reported that some of those teams “sweetened” their offers.  If this is indeed the case, I’d have to imagine that the other teams offers were better than a prospect like Diaz and a bunch of “throw ins”.  Sure Diaz is a nice, intriguing prospect and I’m certainly not guilable enough to believe the Dodgers (or any team for that matter) are going to give us their best 3 prospects but I guess I’m just confused if other teams sweetened their offers yet we’re going to accept the Dodgers offer of Diaz plus a few “throw ins”.  Am I making any sense or just rambling here?  Lol.

Eh I don't think they will be throw ins. It may even be guys currently ranked higher than May and/or Lux. Those two are just liked by us.