Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

3 minutes ago, millertime said:

Here’s something I don’t understand...it was reported that we had many teams, making very good offers for Manny, and also reported that some of those teams “sweetened” their offers.  If this is indeed the case, I’d have to imagine that the other teams offers were better than a prospect like Diaz and a bunch of “throw ins”.  Sure Diaz is a nice, intriguing prospect and I’m certainly not guilable enough to believe the Dodgers (or any team for that matter) are going to give us their best 3 prospects but I guess I’m just confused if other teams sweetened their offers yet we’re going to accept the Dodgers offer of Diaz plus a few “throw ins”.  Am I making any sense or just rambling here?  Lol.

Good point. It seems like they are giving us one top guy, according to the latest report, but saying you can't have any of these other 20 guys we like best.

1 minute ago, millertime said:

Here’s something I don’t understand...it was reported that we had many teams, making very good offers for Manny, and also reported that some of those teams “sweetened” their offers.  If this is indeed the case, I’d have to imagine that the other teams offers were better than a prospect like Diaz and a bunch of “throw ins”.  Sure Diaz is a nice, intriguing prospect and I’m certainly not guilable enough to believe the Dodgers (or any team for that matter) are going to give us their best 3 prospects but I guess I’m just confused if other teams sweetened their offers yet we’re going to accept the Dodgers offer of Diaz plus a few “throw ins”.  Am I making any sense or just rambling here?  Lol.

Some publications have Diaz ranked as high as the #19 overall prospect at the moment. How high of a centerpiece could the Orioles expect from the teams interested in Manny? The Brewers top prospect was not included. The Dodgers top prospect was not offered. The Yanlees top prospect was not offered. The Phillies top prospect has not been offered. You can "sweeten" an offer with a upgraded second or third prospect or the addition of a fourth. Expecting teams to offer up some of these guys for Manny is not rational. I am not worried about Diaz, it is the remainder of the package that I am curious about.

It does make sense, but a couple of things, first Diaz is a top 50 prospect depending on who you ask. Second, I don't think we have any idea of the quality of the secondary, tertiary, and beyond pieces.

• Upvote 1

Don't know if this means anything but on mlb.com top 30 prospects list for the Dodgers it has Ruiz, Diaz and Heredia as temporarily inactive where it says team and D. Santana has a blank for team.

You're making sense! If the Phillies offered Medina - I'm guessing the Dodgers offer must have some good stuff to make it better, since Diaz and Medina are apparently comparable. I know the Orioles really wanted May, so perhaps that's what pushed it over the edge.

11 minutes ago, Nite said:

I feel like this is the worst trade wait I've ever had in my life. We've KNOWN Manny is going to be traded ANY MINUTE since Sunday... It's Wednesday. The anticipation and wait is starting to wear on me a bit. I mean usually we hear a rumor it's about to happen, and within 12 hours we have news. It's been 3 days, we know the team and that's it. I feel like this is very unprecedented. Then again it is the Baltimore Orioles so...

So go do something else.   It’s a beautiful day, no need to refresh your browser every five minutes.    The trade will be completed when it’s completed no matter what we do, and won’t be any better or worse depending on whether we find out the minute it’s done.  

Odds are we end up with four Juan Bells if we can't get May as the second guy. Diaz is fourth and May 10th on their list - that seems reasonable to me for a guy who could help you win the World Series.

Just now, Frobby said:

So go do something else.   It’s a beautiful day, no need to refresh your browser every five minutes.    The trade will be completed when it’s completed no matter what we do, and won’t be any better or worse depending on whether we find out the minute it’s done.  

It IS quite a beautiful day out there. 

1 minute ago, Flacco Machado said:

I posted the same time you did.

Probably about the same time it took me from seeing it Twitter, checking Instagram to try and verify and then decided by the followers of the poster that it was probably real

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I'm remodeling a kitchen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you guys want something to do.

• Haha 1