Sign in to follow this  
accinfo

Valencia should be cut

2 hours ago, Natty said:

Machado has had more base running blunders than Valencia. Just sayin'...

Manny is a great player, but this is an area that bugs me a lot.  The Orioles are a mess and that is obvious to everyone.  Where is the accountability?  For anyone?

There seems to be none on the field, Buck doesn't seem to hold them accountable.  The Front office isn't.  Redsox and Yankees MADE the playoffs and still fired their successful managers.  We have been in free fall since Sept 1, 2017 and nothing....It's almost unbearable.  

Let me get this straight.  Valencia is one of four O's players with a batting average over .237, he's second only to Manny in OPS, he had one of only five O's hits last night, had two (including a BB) of the team's seven hits / BB.... and he should be cut for a bad base running play? Maybe that stood out because the rest of the team couldn't even get on base to make a blunder.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, beantownrefugee said:

Let me get this straight.  Valencia is one of four O's players with a batting average over .237, he's second only to Manny in OPS, he had one of only five O's hits last night, had two (including a BB) of the team's seven hits / BB.... and he should be cut for a bad base running play? Maybe that stood out because the rest of the team couldn't even get on base to make a blunder.

I don’t think he should be cut. His blunder just seems like the norm. That to me is the bigger problem. This problem starts from the top. I used to defend Buck but he has lost this team.  The problem is bigger than Buck but the teams lack of basic fundamentals and awareness for smart in game decisions falls on a manager.

54 minutes ago, foxfield said:

We have been in free fall since Sept 1, 2017 and nothing....It's almost unbearable.  

I’m as frustrated as anyone, but what exactly did you expect to happen in that time period. I get we should have traded Britton but I doubt that would have been big impact.

The Os lost last year because of their pitching rotation and they totally revamped it. In that they made mistakes not understanding or addressing the deficiencies in their lineup and defense.  

I just dont want emotions to be confused with facts here. The Os are disfunctional but they didnt do nothing.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, beantownrefugee said:

Let me get this straight. Valencia is one of four Orioles players with a batting average over .237, he's 2nd only to Manny Machado in OPS, he had one of only five Orioles hits last night, had two (including a BB) of the team's seven hits /BB ........ and he should be cut for a bad base running play ??? Maybe that stood out because the rest of the team couldn't even get on base to make a blunder in the first place.

o

Valencia Emerges as Shining Light in Orioles’ Darkest Days

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/valencia-emerges-as-shining-light-in-orioles-darkest-days.html

o

Cleanup hitter Danny Valencia.  I like Valencia and hope he continues to do well, but that kinda says it all about the 2018 Orioles up to now doesn't it?

His defense, from what I've seen, is bad, but better than I had expected based on my recollection from past seasons. It looks to me like he's OK as long as he's not trying to range to his right (toward the foul line).

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Valencia is a fine RH DH/PH. The problem is we already have Trumbo and Mancini. He should have been gone when Trumbo came back. 

And who would be play third base against LHed pitching? Peterson, who has a .487 OPS against lefties? Pedro? Davis? 

He can play first base adequately.  If we could just get rid of 3 of the following players:  Mancini, Davis, Trumbo, and Alvarez we could put him in at 1B and one of the others at DH. 

11 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

And who would be play third base against LHed pitching? Peterson, who has a .487 OPS against lefties? Pedro? Davis? 

Corban Joseph to 2B, Schoop to 3B. 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Corban Joseph to 2B, Schoop to 3B. 

Or Corban to 3rd. He can actually play there pretty decently.

Or you might see a switch coming soon with Alvarez being gone and Steve Wilkerson coming up. Switch hitter so match ups shouldn't be an issue.

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Or Corban to 3rd. He can actually play there pretty decently.

Or you might see a switch coming soon with Alvarez being gone and Steve Wilkerson coming up. Switch hitter so match ups shouldn't be an issue.

Plus Beckham should be back soon.