Greg Pappas

Britton Trade Expectations

Britton Trade Expectations  

119 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What trade return do you expect for Zach Britton?

• The return will be outstanding
    • The return will be solid
    • The return will be merely decent
    • The return will comparable to Colin Moran: low OBP, below average power, poor fielder with a limited future in MLB
    • The return will be worse than Colin Moran
    • The Orioles will not trade Britton and will not receive a compensation pick since there is no chance they will QO him.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/20/2018 at 03:59

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Playing in the play-in game is a good reason to have a very deep bullpen.    And I doubt the Yankees are waiving the white flag on the division title.   They’re a very good team quite capable of going on a run that erases a 5.5 game deficit, especially with 3 extra games to play compared to the Red Sox.   And, they have 10 games remaining with Boston.  

Plus the Red Sox are in which gives them similar motivation to what the Cubs and Dodgers have.

With the Red Sox interested in Orioles reliever Zach Britton, the Orioles have been scouting Portland (AA). One of the players they'd like to watch, third baseman Michael Chavis, hasn't played since July 14th. Chavis is a little rusty after serving an 80-game PED suspension.

I'd avoid Chavis and go with a deal centered around Mata and CJ Chatham

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

question is will the Orioles do it? I'd take Ferguson and try to flip him or do a three team deal.

if so I'd ask for Smith, Gonsolin, and Drew Jackson

or C Santana , C Ferguson, and Jackson

.......I'd do Verdugo and Jackson but doubt they would (if they weren't trading May or Lux for Manny doubt they do it from Britton) and the Buehler talk is silly.

Haha. Can’t believe we’re right back at this. Dodgers system part deux,

1st Piece (one of the following);

Lux/May/White/Alvarez/Smith/Kendall

Piece 2 (one of the following);

Robinson, Gonsolin, Jackson, Brito

So one top 10 piece and one top 30 piece. 

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'd avoid Chavis and go with a deal centered around Mata and CJ Chatham

Chavis ranks as the #63 prospect in baseball. He might be even more expendable because he is “blocked” by Devers at 3rd. I don’t care about the PED suspension, and neither do the Orioles. 

8 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Britton gives these teams a chance to WIN the division.  That's kind of the biggest point.  Playoff success can be included but winning the division ensures them of a series.

Britton isn't going to close the chasm between the Brewers and Cubs. Even the Brewers right now are realizing this. RIzzo has played terribly, Bryant has been hurt, the entire Cub staff outside of Lester has been in disarray and yet they're still 3 games ahead of the Brewers. If the rest of the guys ever get their asses in gear then it's going to be another blow out in the central.

A team would get max value out of Britton as a 6th-8th inning guy the way Baltimore and Cleveland used Miller in the playoffs. I’m sure BOS is thinking that. Britton could be this year’s Miller.

Let the bidding war begin.  I think we will see Jones get traded before Britton. Britton will be a last min/high stakes game

26 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Chavis ranks as the #63 prospect in baseball. He might be even more expendable because he is “blocked” by Devers at 3rd. I don’t care about the PED suspension, and neither do the Orioles. 

I'm not so sure and with their new changes of philosophy.

Mata is 6-2 with a 3.42 at A+ ..Chatham is the SS prospect that we could be looking for. 

33 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Haha. Can’t believe we’re right back at this. Dodgers system part deux,

1st Piece (one of the following);

Lux/May/White/Alvarez/Smith/Kendall

Piece 2 (one of the following);

Robinson, Gonsolin, Jackson, Brito

So one top 10 piece and one top 30 piece. 

As much as it pains me If we were going to get Lux , May, or Verdugo I'd think he would already be here.

No interest in Alvarez ,,,,just feel like he's a very high risk guy.

Smith is the guy in their top 10 you can probably get due to the fact that they have Ruiz also.

I love Gonsolin and Drew Jackson is a lottery ticket. I'd try to get all three for Britton and cash or the Forsythe dump.

• The trade interest in Orioles lefty Zach Britton is “intensifying”, according to Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com. Kubatko says that he expects Britton to be the “next Oriole out the door.” The Braves have thrown their hat into the ring recently, while the Cubs, Astros, Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Giants have also been “in the mix”. As Kubatko aptly points out, the removal of Hand from the pool of available names should turn a lot of attention towards Britton.

Honestly the most excited I've been about the team in some time. The playoff runs of a few years ago were exciting. But the Peter Angelos stuff was a distraction the entire time. From impossible trade partner,  international policy, constantly meddling, the Nationals move and current drama. 

Duquette didn't mention a resolution with the Nationals on the to do list. But the sooner they find some middle ground the better off we are. I think what really pissed Angelos is exposing MASN revenues to the world after the agreement to allow the Nats in. But again moving forward I'd like to get it I. The rear view.

45 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Britton isn't going to close the chasm between the Brewers and Cubs. Even the Brewers right now are realizing this. RIzzo has played terribly, Bryant has been hurt, the entire Cub staff outside of Lester has been in disarray and yet they're still 3 games ahead of the Brewers. If the rest of the guys ever get their asses in gear then it's going to be another blow out in the central.

Cubs could fall quickly. In fact, I  think next week will be bad for them. And what's up with Lester? Gonna take a run at Chris TIllman?

51 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

What makes sports great is that the best team doesn't always win.

The Cubs have zero chickens to be counted right now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, davearm said:

What makes sports great is that the best team doesn't always win.

The Cubs have zero chickens to be counted right now.

Their lead is completely because of the Brewers failure. And Heck, the Nationals are under .500 They'll be sellers!

Can give us a better idea what to expect for Britton.

Apparently Armenteros was held out of the lineup yesterday, I'm jealous already.

19 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Can give us a better idea what to expect for Britton.

Apparently Armenteros was held out of the lineup yesterday, I'm jealous already.

Have we heard the other parts? 

Also I wonder if Lazaro is related to the Houston prospect Rogelio  Armenteros. Both are from 🇨🇺 Cuba