Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
weams

Orioles Ratings Down 50%

Recommended Posts

I've watched no more than 2 hours of Orioles baseball this year, and most of that was on Opening Day. I probably averaged 2 hours per GAME the prior 20 years. This team and leadership has literally sucked the baseball life out of me.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 is A LOT. Holy crap. I expect it to be down. But 50? Yowzers.

I was able to watch through MLB.TV early on, but they seem to now block any VPN usage. So, I do not watch. MASN forcing me to buy a cable or satellite subscription really pisses me off. So I will not watch. I am more than happy to pay for MLB.TV IF they allow in network streaming. Until they allow it they will not get my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt.  I for one, haven't watched much at all since around mid-May.  I've just got better things to do than watch a terrible team playing terrible baseball.  They're in the worst possible spot, a terrible team with terrible ratings and attendance and a huge payroll.  I expect a dramatic cut in payroll next season.  And that's okay, since they need to go young anyway.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Cobb and Cashner moved over the winter.  O'Day too, if someone will take him and the O's eat some salary.  It'll be a challenge though.  He's pitched okay this year, but just cannot stay healthy.  Even if they have to pay 1/2, they're saying half.  I'm hoping Trumbo can be moved this month; he's hitting and might have some value, even if they have to eat some salary.  Jones, Manny, Britton, & Brach will all be off the books.  Basically, it'll be Davis and bunch of younger players if they can move O'Day, Trumbo, Cobb, and Cashner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how much of this comes from the decision to stop airing games on WJZ this year?

I know that's not a huge number of games, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schoop (8.5M/2018) and Gausman (5.6M/2018) will be Arb eligible, and will get raises, although with their peroformances, I don't think they'll get huge raises.  Beckham shouldn't get much of a raise at all over his 2018 salary (3.35M).  Bundy goes to arbitration, so he'll get a nice raise.  Still, their payroll will be a lot less next year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/baltimore-orioles-salaries-and-contracts.shtml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I probably averaged 2 hours per GAME the prior 20 years. This team and leadership has literally sucked the baseball life out of me.

This is how it’s gone for me as well, except I have only had access to MASN since ‘09. Was streaming radio till then. I hardly missed an inning even during ‘09 - ‘17 and even then I’d record the game and watch later. On the up side, I’ve gotten a lot more done around the house while listening more to Joe Angel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I obviously try to watch most games, but when my wife is like, "Really, you are going to turn on the Orioles game?" it's getting harder and harder.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I obviously try to watch most games, but when my wife is like, "Really, you are going to turn on the Orioles game?" it's getting harder and harder.

Yeah, I can relate.  Tough to justify occupying the television with the O's when the wife and kids want to watch something else.  When they're playing well, I can justify it somewhat (though still treading lightly, lol).  Now?  Not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Eddie_Ripken said:

50 is A LOT. Holy crap. I expect it to be down. But 50? Yowzers.

I was able to watch through MLB.TV early on, but they seem to now block any VPN usage. So, I do not watch. MASN forcing me to buy a cable or satellite subscription really pisses me off. So I will not watch. I am more than happy to pay for MLB.TV IF they allow in network streaming. Until they allow it they will not get my money.

I went through Nord VPN.  It works like a charm.  It doesn't work for Nats games, which is odd.

Yes, they suck and their record is a reason why they have dropped off.  But blackout coverage areas do not make any sense.  MLB tv is great but unless they are going to change that so you can stream in market games, it will not get much better.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, esmd said:

Schoop (8.5M/2018) and Gausman (5.6M/2018) will be Arb eligible, and will get raises, although with their peroformances, I don't think they'll get huge raises.  Beckham shouldn't get much of a raise at all over his 2018 salary (3.35M).  Bundy goes to arbitration, so he'll get a nice raise.  Still, their payroll will be a lot less next year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/baltimore-orioles-salaries-and-contracts.shtml

What does this have to do with ratings?  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...