Jump to content
ORIOLE33

Has Anyone Else Heard That The Dreaded Orioles Physical Has Put A Snag In The Manny Trade?

Recommended Posts

Man o man. Why does it seem that we’re the only team that has this issue? If it wasn’t the Orioles you could assume that another team has made a better offer, but since it is the Orioles, I have no choice but to believe it. 

SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

How often have our physicals been wrong?

You could probably find something wrong on just about anybody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Man o man. Why does it seem that we’re the only team that has this issue? If it wasn’t the Orioles you could assume that another team has made a better offer, but since it is the Orioles, I have no choice but to believe it. 

SMH

So much for Manny will be traded this week. It's a shame that FO is this way. I think this is Peter sticking his foot in a deal. How much longer can O's fans continue to put up with this crap? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

So much for Manny will be traded this week. It's a shame that FO is this way. I think this is Peter sticking his foot in a deal. How much longer can O's fans continue to put up with this crap? 

 

Yeah, this has Peter Angelos written all over it. Won't spend to keep guys like Manny. Won't allow them to be traded. Won't allow his team to participate in the international market. I am do sick of this man. He is an embarrassment to fans of the Orioles.

He's to MLB what Al Davis was to the NFL. I won't wish anyone dead, but it seems that's the only way this team will ever have a shot to be run like a real organization again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And some will find a way to blame Duquette. A top 50 prospect and a top 100 prospect plus another prospect who's shown promise at a young age for 2 months of Machado is a nice haul. Yet, here comes Angelos. I despise the man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still done and going through.

This info was talked about in the Machado trade expectations thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

Yeah, this has Peter Angelos written all over it. Won't spend to keep guys like Manny. Won't allow them to be traded. Won't allow his team to participate in the international market. I am do sick of this man. He is an embarrassment to fans of the Orioles.

He's to MLB what Al Davis was to the NFL. I won't wish anyone dead, but it seems that's the only way this team will ever have a shot to be run like a real organization again 

There are plenty of terrorists and murderers that I wish were dead.  Angelos is kind of like the baseball version of a terrorist.  That being said, I don't wish him dead.  Unfortunately it appears that is the only way we can ever break free from his clutches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

There are plenty of terrorists and murderers that I wish were dead.  Angelos is kind of like the baseball version of a terrorist.  That being said, I don't wish him dead.  Unfortunately it appears that is the only way we can ever break free from his clutches. 

What I meant is, I won't wish someone dead over something trivial like baseball. It's fair game on people that commit horrible acts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nevadaO said:

It's still done and going through.

This info was talked about in the Machado trade expectations thread.

Never say that with Peter Angelos involved. Brian Roberts to the Braves was done too. So was Britton to the Astros. Never say never with this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have nothing wrong with the O's physicals over the last few years. It prevented us from getting Balfour and it nearly prevented us from getting Gallardo had Duquette did the right thing and walked completely away instead of restructuring the contract. There were also a few other scenarios that ended up being non-issues re: more stringent physicals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Rumors and News






×