Roll Tide

Kudos From Ken

Praise on both deals. I particularly like Tate - I didn’t expect a talent like that for Britton, much less an additional piece who may have closer potential. 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

"Whoever is responsible" is a veiled dig, of course. This is the equivalent of him saying a blind squirrel finds a nut, etc.

I would view it as a compliment with a veiled dig inside it.  I mean, it's certainly a fair dig.  The O's most devoted fans don't know for sure who is pulling the strings at this point.   I don't think he's calling us blind squirrels at all though.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

"Whoever is responsible" is a veiled dig, of course. This is the equivalent of him saying a blind squirrel finds a nut, etc.

I don't read it that way--that would be equivalent to him suggesting that the O's FO lacks skill. I think it's a dig at the team's much-maligned chain of command. The "take a bow" also encourages Dan to keep stepping forth and seizing the reins. Rosenthal's problem hasn't been with the O's per se, but Peter Angelos. I'm guessing that he welcomes Duquette Unbound as a sign that the patriarch is finally withdrawing.

6 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

The Yankees were going to lose one of their top 10 prospects in the rule 5? This writer has to be confusing Tate with the other players in the trade or maybe I am?

12 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I don't read it that way--that would be equivalent to him suggesting that the O's FO lacks skill. I think it's a dig at the team's much-maligned chain of command. The "take a bow" also encourages Dan to keep stepping forth and seizing the reins. Rosenthal's problem hasn't been with the O's per se, but Peter Angelos. I'm guessing that he welcomes Duquette Unbound as a sign that the patriarch is finally withdrawing.

Exactly. A veiled dig inside the compliment. I am not saying the compliment isn't genuine but there is a dig there too. It wouldn't be a Rosenthal quote on the O's without one.