Greg Pappas

Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

I at least want the pending FAs gone but sounds like Jones doesn't want to go... so Brach is probably the only chance at a decent return.

3 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Tuesday's 4 p.m. (ET) non-waiver Trade Deadline is approaching fast.  The August 31st waiver deadline begins thereafter, but for purposes of this thread, I'd like to focus on Tuesday's deadline.

Jones, Brach, Schoop, Gausman, and every other O's player not named Machado or Britton are still with the team.  Are you confident that DD will get things done to your satisfaction by this upcoming deadline?

I don’t think we are going to acquire any significant talent before the deadline.   Jones, Brach and Valencia aren’t all that valuable and I don’t think we’ll see anyone else traded before the deadline.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think we are going to acquire any significant talent before the deadline.   Jones, Brach and Valencia aren’t all that valuable and I don’t think we’ll see anyone else traded before the deadline.   

I agree with you in that I don't expect a big trade (Schoop, Gausman) and also that we shouldn't expect much for Jones, Brach or Valencia. Brach's value could surprise, but we'll see.

59 minutes ago, Greg said:

This is going to be an excruciatingly tough decision.

I mean, the Wrigley company is headquartered out of Chicago, so the Cubs offer could have many different varieties of gum included...

But then, Coco Cola is headquartered out of Atlanta, so a Braves offer could include a variety of different sodas and sports drinks.

Man, am I glad I don't have to be the guy who makes that call. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I mean, the Wrigley company is headquartered out of Chicago, so the Cubs offer could have many different varieties of gum included...

But then, Coco Cola is headquartered out of Atlanta, so a Braves offer could include a variety of different sodas and sports drinks.

Coke owns Monster energy drinks.

I think that's game.

10 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I have OCD problems with gum and I'm addicted to Coca-Cola so the decision is really easy for me.

Journey-brands-Product-Coca-Cola-Classic

Concerning this Pirates trade stuff...

When you check the reactions to Yardball85 and Greg in this thread, it's "Roch of Ages" a.k.a Roch Kubatko. He laughed at the Rollison tweet in YB85's post and gave "thanks" to Greg's post, about this trade not passing the smell test.

It's not happening, folks.

23 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Cashner just collected some infield dirt. Strange to say the least

That would be a very interesting deadline deal if they can get anything tangible from it - and I imagine they would

I’m surprised Cashner hasn’t been mentioned more. He’s been everything we expected and is doing it in the AL East. In the past we’ve traded a lot for a similar pitchers like Norris and Feldman.