connja

Top Manager Candidates

14 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

No announcements during the Series means if goes to 7 games the announcement can't come until at least November 1st.

Some will tell us that's all a smoke screen.  Since names haven't been leaked, it's only because the dysfunctional team hasn't done any interviews.

Be patient. They are busy using their "pool" money wisely by signing top talent. 

15 hours ago, baltfan said:

Not interested in Girardi.  He said no to us before.  Willing to take the chance that there is someone better out there.

Doesnt matter much.

Orioles are not going to pay anybody Girardi type of money to manage youngsters.

15 minutes ago, Catch 8 said:

Hire Lou Brown, sign Roger Dorn and let "new ownership" pick everyone else out of a hat.  It worked for the Indians.

and they did it in Camden Yards (that's where they filmed Major League II)

2 hours ago, Catch 8 said:

Hire Lou Brown, sign Roger Dorn and let "new ownership" pick everyone else out of a hat.  It worked for the Indians.

This would be a better approach than signing Cashner, Tillman and Rasmus, and expecting to compete for a playoff spot.

26 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Blue Jays - Montoyo
Twins - Baldelli
Reds - Bell
Angels - Ausmus

Any regrets, O's fans?

I wanted Ausmus but I want the President and GM to get to chose their guy even more.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I wanted Ausmus but I want the President and GM to get to chose their guy even more.

My point is some are in a big hurry for this to be resolved- yesterday.   I don't see any big losses from not doing this the correct way, which is how you outlined it.  

21 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

My point is some are in a big hurry for this to be resolved- yesterday.   I don't see any big losses from not doing this the correct way, which is how you outlined it.  

Agreed 

21 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Blue Jays - Montoyo
Twins - Baldelli
Reds - Bell
Angels - Ausmus

Any regrets, O's fans?

Sure, being an Oriole fan in general for 40 years. Is that what you were asking?

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2018 at 3:40 PM, TonySoprano said:

Blue Jays - Montoyo
Twins - Baldelli
Reds - Bell
Angels - Ausmus

Any regrets, O's fans?

I had not been following this thread or the manager searches MLB-wide, but I did stumble on a Facebook post about the Jays' Montoyo hiring. That said, I thought there was some sort of gentleman's agreement among MLB front offices to not make personnel announcements before the World Series is over. Or is that prohibition just regarding trades? I mention this because I thought I'd read that the O's were not planning to make an announcement till the Series is over. Are they just slow in this process or just abiding by some unwritten agreement on silence during the Series?