Enjoy Terror

2018-19 Offseason Tracker

On 3/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, Oldorioles said:

Thank you again for doing this, I love digging into the detail and trying to track every transaction.  Two quick questions:

1)  Tony's recently posted list of minor league spring training rosters lists a Marcos Molina, who looks to have played in the Mets system.  I didn't see him in the transactions.  Is this recent?  Did we pick him up as a minor league free agent?

2)  As best as I can tell every minor league player in a full season league last year is either on the spring roster or is covered in your transactions page (thanks again for the hard work), except one.  I can't find Jordan Kipper on Tony's roster and I don't see him being cut, retiring, having become a free agent, etc.  Am I missing something?  For example, maybe he's not on the spring training roster due to injury (e.g. I assume that's why Putzig wasn't listed). 

1. Marcos Molina was ranked by Baseball America and John Sickels as the Mets 7th and 8th best prospect going into the 2018 season. He was released by the Mets on July 11, 2018 and suspended for the rest of the season for PEDs. The Orioles picked him up at the beginning of August. He was never assigned to an Orioles affiliate last year and was just sort of "in limbo". He played in the Domincan Winter League at the end of 2018. I believe he's finished with his suspension and is just working in instructs right now. Truthfully I didn't even know he was in camp this spring, but I knew that he was still with the O's; didn't see him get cut and he wasn't part of the free agents list.

2. Kipper is still on the team. I've not seen him cut or anything. He was hurt for the majority of 2018. He should be back with Bowie this season. He looks like roster filler to me, so if there's ever a logjam I don't suspect he'll be on the team long.

• Upvote 2

We’ve signed free agent Jalen Miller. He appears to be Aberdeen Ironbirds type talent, not sure if it’s the infielder in the Giants system...

We also signed an international player, Emmanuel Gutierrez.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

We’ve signed free agent Jalen Miller. He appears to be Aberdeen Ironbirds type talent, not sure if it’s the infielder in the Giants system...

He's an independent league pitcher for the Vallejo Admirals in the Pacific league, he's also pitched in the Frontier League and before that Mineral Area College.

He's 6-0, 185lb, turns 26 later this month and this is his first chance at affiliated ball. 

9 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Do you have a link for this one? @Can_of_corn might be interested. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Do you have a link for this one? @Can_of_corn might be interested. 

Not yet. Was looking last night for something else about it, waiting for MLB to post something official

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

We’ve signed another int’l free agent named Juan de los Santos.

Nice work tracking these.  I just wish more information was available.

On 3/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, Can_of_corn said:

Nice work tracking these.  I just wish more information was available.

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/player/685397/enmanuel-gutierrez

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/player/685379/juan-de-los-santos

sorry for the mobile links

edit: seems that second link is dead. It’s dead on the mlb transaction site too