wildcard

Top President / EVP Candidates?

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

The Winter Meetings are not a big deal to the O's.   They are not going to sign expensive FA.   Graham can set the 40 man roster for the Rule 5 draft.

The important thing is to hire the right executives to put the team on a good path to the future.

I can see your point. 

2 hours ago, Obando said:

You say you “believe” it is Cherington’s job as PBO & McLeod as GM.  What leads you to believe this?  Do you have a source that has told you this, or are you just speculating?  I hope you are right, because I think that would be a great combo, and it would make some sense because they worked together for many years in Boston and presumably have a good relationship.

I'd like it to be those two.

2 hours ago, Obando said:

You say you “believe” it is Cherington’s job as PBO & McLeod as GM.  What leads you to believe this?  Do you have a source that has told you this, or are you just speculating?  I hope you are right, because I think that would be a great combo, and it would make some sense because they worked together for many years in Boston and presumably have a good relationship.

Sherman Obando- cool name from the past.   Just trying to read the tea leaves.  O’s looking for president type and Cherington checks all the boxes..  check out his Wikipedia post.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Cherington

the only negative is his connection to Dan Duquette.  He is looking for a total rebuilt.   He was an associate of McLeod in Boston hence the connection to the gm job.

5 minutes ago, WI O’s Fan said:

Sherman Obando- cool name from the past.   Just trying to read the tea leaves.  O’s looking for president type and Cherington checks all the boxes..  check out his Wikipedia post.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Cherington

the only negative is his connection to Dan Duquette.  He is looking for a total rebuilt.   He was an associate of McLeod in Boston hence the connection to the gm job.

Haha!  Yeah, Sherman Obando was a short lived Oriole in the early 90’s, but it’s one of my favorite baseball names and perfect for an Oriole player.  Thanks for clarifying your statement.  Unfortunately, there have been no real info leaks on the interview process, but I agree that a Cherington/McLeod President-GM combo would be ideal.  They have the Boston connection and come from winning, modern organizations under the Theo Epstein tree.  I’m not even concerned about the fact that Dan Duquette was the one that originally hired him with the Red Sox.  That’s only because of their U Mass Amherst connection, which Neal Huntington is part of as well.  Cherington & Duquette are very different people with differing management styles, so I have no concern at all about their connection.

17 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

As long as it’s not a retread like Ned Colletti.

Sounds like Colletti is in the serious runnng for the role according to Carafado. I don't love the selection if that's it but I guess we could do worse.

MLB rumors

Cafardo: Ned Colletti, Orioles Have Had "Consistent Contact"

By Connor Byrne | October 20, 2018 at 8:27pm CDT

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Sounds like Colletti is in the serious runnng for the role according to Carafado. I don't love the selection if that's it but I guess we could do worse.

MLB rumors

Cafardo: Ned Colletti, Orioles Have Had "Consistent Contact"

By Connor Byrne | October 20, 2018 at 8:27pm CDT

Hoping this is just Colletti talking to Cafardo.  I could see Brady trying to get Colletti as GM in an effort to maintain his influence on the Angelos brothers.  

Let’s hope the Angelos boys have been communicating with Colletti strictly for industry intel and recommendations, rather than to discuss the President or GM job.  It would be a colossal mistake to hire him, as he’s the opposite of what the Orioles need.  I would rather have kept DD than hire Colletti.

• Upvote 1

The Camden Depot guy has tweeted that he has heardwe have someone for president, that he doesn't know who it is but it's not Colletti, and that they may be working the GM issue now, with the aim for a press conference announcing the President and GM, and that it probably will happen before the World Series is over.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The Camden Depot guy has tweeted that he has heardwe have someone for president, that he doesn't know who it is but it's not Colletti, and that they may be working the GM issue now, with the aim for a press conference announcing the President and GM, and that it probably will happen before the World Series is over.

Here is the tweet I mentioned:

https://twitter.com/CamdenDepot/status/1054006893729980416

• Upvote 2

I'd like to believe him, but whatever.  No need to wait until after the World Series.  No one outside this message board gives a crap about who the next O's President/GM/ Whipping Boy/Angelos Lap Dog is.  It's not going to take any shine off the WS.  Reds named a new manager, Angels named a new manager, it's clear that no ones afraid to interrupt baseball's focus on the WS.

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

This is the best news I've read all day.

21 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hoping this is just Colletti talking to Cafardo.  I could see Brady trying to get Colletti as GM in an effort to maintain his influence on the Angelos brothers.  

Can’t  imagine Colletti not being involved at this point. 

The Angelos' are a secretive bunch...and national reporters can barely be bothered with the Orioles. Makes for a very quiet process. I hope they have made progress. We need some news to discuss. The Mesa brothers and Manny's antics are very old.