Luke-OH

The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

6 hours ago, Finisher said:

Yeah not a fan of attention whore divas. Honestly wasn't sad to see Manny go for this reason.

Already sick of this VVM person. Could see him flaming out. I mean, look at Moncada's stat line.

Do you spend your free time shaking your cane at the neighborhood kids when you're not posting on here? Seriously, lighten up. This is what it means to be a 22 year old in this day and age. Everyone is looking for attention/validation via social media. And I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for a kid who's lived most of his life in a socially repressive country. As long as he's not doing drugs, not committing crimes, and not posting racist/homophobic/misogynistic stuff I have no problem with him , and neither should you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Don't get me wrong, I hope he signs with the Orioles and becomes Babe Ruth. I just don't like the whole "look a me!" thing going on.

Sure. Like I said, not quite my style, but ultimately, it is what it is.

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Anyone else already sick of him and all the attention he craves?

Not really.  

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Cal always was a prima-donna and still is. He was already on thin ice with me, but that Beltre is better than Brooks comment a few years back sunk him to the bottom of the ocean. 

Cal may be a different person depending on the circle he's in at the moment. But locally, Cal has always made it known just who he is and where his status ranks compared to a regular joe.

Not saying he's never done some good  gestures like signing autographs, (though I don't necessarily consider giving a few hours of your time to those that allow you to be a millionaire that big a gesture) but that's just me. 

This guy has Cespedes or Puig written all over him. Definitely will only be an Oriole at most the 6 or 7 years before he's a FA...if hes as good as his ego appears to think he is lol 

3 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

This guy has Cespedes or Puig written all over him. Definitely will only be an Oriole at most the 6 or 7 years before he's a FA...if hes as good as his ego appears to think he is lol 

So he won't hang around for the post 30 decline years?  Bonus.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Cal may be a different person depending on the circle he's in at the moment. But locally, Cal has always made it known just who he is and where his status ranks compared to a regular joe.

Not saying he's never done some good  gestures like signing autographs, (though I don't necessarily consider giving a few hours of your time to those that allow you to be a millionaire that big a gesture) but that's just me. 

I don't know the man personally but I liked him as a player. Seems to me you have something against the man.  If that's what you feel then go ahead on. 

40 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I don't know the man personally but I liked him as a player. Seems to me you have something against the man.  If that's what you feel then go ahead on. 

Other than being refused an autograph by Cal when I was 9. Co-workers being treated very rude by Ripken. Him sticking it to his hometown numerous times...nah can't think of a single thing I have against him.

28 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Other than being refused an autograph by Cal when I was 9. Co-workers being treated very rude by Ripken. Him sticking it to his hometown numerous times...nah can't think of a single thing I have against him.

And to be fair, nobody is perfect. I just don't put Cal on the same pedistool that many Oriole fans do. Doesn't mean he's a bad person. And I have had some personal encounters that have tainted my opinion of Cal. So I am biased and isn't meant to persuade others opinion of him....ok back on the topic at hand.

Edited by Dark Helmet