Sign in to follow this  
section18

Ravens Head Coach Resigned To Change At Top?

In todays post game press conference we saw the nicest John Harbaugh to date after a loss.  He said he has never worried about losing a job. No regrets.  We have great coaches and we'll keep fighting ! That's what we''ll continue to do. No worries? Why?  Because he listens to talk radio and he hears the announcers say if he's fired he'll have another job in less than a week.  He's just seen what Durkin went through at College Park this week and probably thinks maybe a change would be good for him.  Durkin was Defensive Coordinator on his brothers staff at Michigan if you recall. He's got the million dollar home and has millions in the bank so getting fired would not be the end of the world for him. He's making $ 7million per season and is under contract next year for $7 million. That's a lot to swallow if you are Bisciotti having had to pay millions to Billick for several years after firing him. Bisciotti is worth over 4 Billion so paying Harbaugh off won't hurt him. The fans will pay for it. The Harbaugh message has grown stale and his failure like Buck to replace some of his coaches has hurt him.  We need a different OC with the Ravens just like we need a new HC. 

Today we saw another Joe Flacco post gamer with an obviously defeated QB.  He is not a leader and never has been. Two million a month! Joe is also a multi millionaire with a million dollar home and millions in the bank. Two millionaires who  need to be replaced.  Flacco's failure to throw a TD pass to Lamar Jackson with him wide open in the end zone is the end for him. There is no way he didn't see him and he threw into double coverage over our receivers heads in the end zone resulting in us settling for a field goal. When Harbaugh was asked about their 4-5 record he said he did not want to be 4-5 and thought they would be ......pause!.........7-2 at this point.  He screwed up and I think he knew it after he said it. He should have said he thought he would be 9-0 not 7-2.

What will happen during the bye week?  As some said on post game radio shows today they think the season is over and people will stop buying Ravens stuff for awhile.  More Lamar ? One went so far as to say he was counting the days until Spring Training. Seven more games. Could they win them all? Maybe but not likely. Many think we'll finish 7-9 and a long shot 8-8. No playoffs for the 4th time in the last 6 years? Changes are needed and I think John is now ready for it if it happens where in prior seasons he seemed very mad and upset with losing. Not so much now!

True ! Very true! CJ has to go, Suggs needs to retire, Smith and both safeties are weak.

Flacco was really off today. Even on short throws he was missing the receivers by a lot.

The receivers and Flacco both seemed surprised how poor his throws were.

• Upvote 1

I can't imagine Brady or Rodgers just not seeing a wide open and uncovered receiver despite it being their last read.  It just boggles my mind.   A 24 million dollar quarterback needs to see the whole field.  Flacco is 'off' far too often, poor OL or not.   I am so ready for the Harbaugh/Flacco era to be over.  Jackson may not be the answer, but he is the only play maker they have on the roster.  I would get him ready for next year with a new coach.   I don't think Lamar is going to develop under Harbaugh and Marty.   I was thinking Josh McDaniels would be a good fit? 

To the Ops point,  I'm sure John sees the writing on the wall. Each week the cries for change from fans and the media get louder. John has had a good run. Like Billick, his run is coming to an end.   

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SouthRider said:

To the Ops point,  I'm sure John sees the writing on the wall. Each week the cries for change from fans and the media get louder. John has had a good run. Like Billick, his run is coming to an end.   

I took a lot of heat for my comments from a few years ago. I said Harbaugh wasn't my idea of a good head coach and he would not win a SB with his own built team.

8 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I took a lot of heat for my comments from a few years ago. I said Harbaugh wasn't my idea of a good head coach and he would not win a SB with his own built team.

I'm not a huge Harbaugh fan but I don't know that I would say that he built this team. This team is where it is because of so many poor draft picks.

OK so I think there's no way Harbaugh comes back now after this year.   Would you fire him now (or another time during the season) or would you let him finish out the string?   My gut says Steve lets him finish the season out of respect.

La Confora makes it sound like Harbaugh is more highly thought of than Decosta and that John would only stay if he has more authority and greater input. He also floats the idea of John taking over in Cleveland.  What a laughable notion. If these are John's demands, so glad the Ravens aren't buying into it.   Let John be the latest installment of the Browns taking the Ravens' throwaways.  I would love to see 'Harbaugh's guys' in Cleveland.  Good move by Decosta if you ask me.    

It's a ridiculous notion to think that Harbaugh would get more power.  That would be a cataclysmic failure as two years in everyone would realize that given all the power he could no longer throw his coordinators under the bus and he wasn't really any good at putting together an organization.  In those two years he would also try and neuter the team of any individual leadership that was not his own, probably disposing of superior talent in the process.

He has Louisville written all over him.  Maybe another NFL team is willing to take a chance.  Hope they hire some good coordinators.