Sign in to follow this  
TonySoprano

Reminder - Elias Presser Today at 11 am

Just now, Aglets said:

So this team has like 7 vice presidents now?  Was that the case in the DD era as well?

Yes. It was:

EVP: John Angelos

EVP, Baseball Ops: Duquette

VP, Baseball Ops: Brady

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Interesting.  Wonder what taking the "Executive" out of the title means?  He no longer has his own restroom?

He never was the executive. That was Duquette. 

The Orioles also now have a COO. Joe Foss had not been replaced. 

Chief Operating Officer, Business Operations John Vidalin

33 minutes ago, big_sparxx said:

is it in our nature to be hopeful? Have the Angelos brothers/family ever given us reason to believe hat they are not creatures of habit?

I want to be hopeful... but the cynical one inside my head keeps telling me...

talk is cheap.

Until recently the club was ran by Peter Angelos.....The sons took over this summer and immediately started making positive changes.

Peter would've never agreed to the sell off. He had little or no interest in international players and analytics. 

The Orioles were sorry understaffed in the front office and scouting. That is all changing now.

Peter made it no secret that he was in charge....Never did he come out and say that he's handed control to a baseball man.

The Steinbrenner sons and their post George activities give hope that the sons have seen the error in their fathers ways.

Obviously the Orioles have been a failure for the most part under their father....except in the early free spending years. The model that just ended gave us some hope but was not sustainable due to the shortcomings of our drafting and player development.

I think giving the Angelos brothers the benefit of the doubt is fair. The real question will be can Elias and his team get us where the Astros are?

44 minutes ago, big_sparxx said:

is it in our nature to be hopeful? Have the Angelos brothers/family ever given us reason to believe hat they are not creatures of habit?

I want to be hopeful... but the cynical one inside my head keeps telling me...

talk is cheap.

Would any new ownership give you reason to be hopeful? Or would they just remove the warehouse since it i not to their personal taste. Or move the team to Calgary. 

This new ownership team deserves it's own set of failures. The hopeful baseline needs to be neutral, not negative. 

We will have plenty to be negative about when we see how much money they don't spend on the field for a few season. I can hear it now. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, weams said:

The Orioles stole 10 more bases in 2018 than the Houston Astros. 

I guess it's not all about team speed. Huh. 

During "garbage time" when Villar arrived ...and no one cared but good point, I guess.

15 minutes ago, weams said:

Fer cry sakes.

20 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Has he ever demonstrated the ability to stay in his lane? Keeping him around is a dangerous game to play. I just don't know why someone in Elias position would risk it, unless he's been quietly told to keep him on staff. That's my big concern. 

I guess another question is, did anyone ever discuss what his lanes would be? I've never met anyone who didn't like Anderson, just that his ability to basically do what he wanted ran counter-intuitive to everyone being on the same page. If his role is defined, who's to say that he can't still be an asset? 

Saying that, Mike Elias should ultimately have the final say on Brady's role and Brady should report directly to him. Those are really the most important things. If Elias is fine with Brady and Brady works directly for him, then no one else should have an issue.

What can't happen is another situation where Brady reports straight to ownership. From the sounds of yesterday's press conference, that doesn't sound like it will happen, but as with all things, time will tell.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, weams said:

The Red Sox stole 45 more bases than us last season. 

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I guess another question is, did anyone ever discuss what he lanes would be? I've never met anyone who didn't like Anderson, just that his ability to basically do what he wanted ran counter-intuitive to everyone being on the same page. If his role is defined, who's not to say he can still be an asset? 

Saying that, Mike Elias should ultimately have the final say on Brady's role and Brady should report directly to him. Those are really the most important things. If Elias is fine with Brady and Brady works directly for him, then no one else should have an issue.

What can't happen is another situation where Brady reports straight to ownership. From the sounds of yesterdays briefing, that doesn't sound like it will happen, but as with all things, time will tell.

As you told us, he was not even there. 

5 minutes ago, weams said:

We did not hire the Red Sox guy...

Yeah he might need to look at the Red Sox stats when designing the team.  As Red Sox scored 79 more runs than Astros last year. 

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah he might need to look at the Red Sox stats when designing the team.  As Red Sox scored 79 more runs than Astros last year. 

He probably won't. He'll probably do what he has done. 

51 minutes ago, weams said:

How do their attempts compare?