oriolediehard

Rumors and News

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

Beltran didn't play last year. He retired after 2017 and was a finalist for the Yankees' managerial opening if I remember correctly. To me, that shows a desire to manage, but would he be interested in managing a rebuilding club is a different question.

I mean to write "his last year was with the Astros".

10 hours ago, weams said:

Sure. But if he or she become fodder, part of the deal. 

Here we go again with the he or she thing. I just don't get it.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Here we go again with the he or she thing. I just don't get it.

What's not to get? It'll happen one day and I'll enjoy hearing you whine about it while your fragile masculinity is threatened. :)

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d like to think Elias will pick a guy who can grow with the team — maybe not a wartime manager yet, but capable of becoming one.  

language NSFW

when it's time to make a switch

On 11/23/2018 at 7:47 PM, atomic said:

I wonder if Elias will ever let the local press break any stories.  Seems like DD always told the National guys stuff but never anyone from the Baltimore press.  Roch couldn't be anymore in the dark and he works for the team. 

Roch had lots of good inside information from Buck, they were friends, but Buck was always clear what Roch could print and what was between them.

Roch explained this one time (Im sure more than once) on 105.7 and one of his interviews with the afternoon gang.

Cano and Diaz to the Mets Anthony Swarzak, Jay Bruce, Justin Dunn,  Jarred Kelenic,  Gerson Bautista.  Cash  to Mets. 

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Roch had lots of good inside information from Buck, they were friends, but Buck was always clear what Roch could print and what was between them.

Roch explained this one time (Im sure more than once) on 105.7 and one of his interviews with the afternoon gang.

This is absolutely spot on. Roch got his information from Buck. Since Buck is gone and a new regime has come in it will be interesting to see what he has to offer. Certainly didn't offer much on the GM search. Not blaming him but like I said will be interesting. 

29 minutes ago, weams said:

Cano and Diaz to the Mets Anthony Swarzak, Jay Bruce, Justin Dunn,  Jarred Kelenic,  Gerson Bautista.  Cash  to Mets. 

Wow...just read that the Mariners could be shelling out 60M of Cano's money.    I looked at the guys going back to the Mariners and they don't seem to be "great" prospects.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

Wow...just read that the Mariners could be shelling out 60M of Cano's money.    I looked at the guys going back to the Mariners and they don't seem to be "great" prospects.   

Two top 100. Two first round picks. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, weams said:

Two top 100. Two first round picks. 

Yeah...after re-looking at those two (Kelenic and Dunn), this might be a good long-term thing for Seattle.   Seems like they may be rebuilding.  Probably a smart move.

7 hours ago, interloper said:

What's not to get? It'll happen one day and I'll enjoy hearing you whine about it while your fragile masculinity is threatened. :)

I don't care who is hired as long as they win. But we all know it is not happening for the Orioles for next year. I just like honesty and to live in reality. But then again we live in a time where some people actually think it is possible to live on Mars....

6 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

I don't care who is hired as long as they win. But we all know it is not happening for the Orioles for next year. I just like honesty and to live in reality. But then again we live in a time where some people actually think it is possible to live on Mars....

I agree with you that it’s likely to be a very long time before there is a female major league manager.    But, why make a federal case out of a post saying “he or she?”   Not worth starting a sideshow about it.