Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Week 14 @ Kansas City

49 minutes ago, atomic said:

Talk about big contracts:  is Brandon William's still on the team?  I dont even notice him anymore.

I hated that contract from the beginning. You don't give big money to a guy who is just a run stopper. Its a passing league, he is one of your highest paid defenders and plays less than half the snaps.

Does our secondary ever stop the other team late in a game?  Once in awhile but not often.  Do we have a tight end prevent defense?  Tony Romo said to put two guys on their TE Kelce.  Wide open all day.  Do we ever jam a receiver up on the line? Have they taken that away from CB's ? How do you continue to give up big plays on 3rd or 4th downs for more than twenty yards? Did anyone see Flacco on the side with RG3 after Lamar fumbled when hit on his blind side? He looked like he was scolding him. How many times have we seen Flacco fumble the ball? Tough game to lose after they got the lead.

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Eric Weddle keeps getting dunked on. 

Yeah, heck of a throw by Mahomes back over the middle on the long 4th down play, but it wasn't lost on me that it was Weddle who couldn't close from the weakside of the play.

Anyway, thanks to the big assist from the Raiders, I think now the division is there for the taking holding serve at home as long as the Saints and Patriots don't slip up against Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, section18 said:

Does our secondary ever stop the other team late in a game?  Once in awhile but not often.  Do we have a tight end prevent defense?  Tony Romo said to put two guys on their TE Kelce.  Wide open all day.  Do we ever jam a receiver up on the line? Have they taken that away from CB's ? How do you continue to give up big plays on 3rd or 4th downs for more than twenty yards? Did anyone see Flacco on the side with RG3 after Lamar fumbled when hit on his blind side? He looked like he was scolding him. How many times have we seen Flacco fumble the ball? Tough game to lose after they got the lead.

Scolding him? I think you are seeing what you want to see here. Looked like a civil conversation to me. 

I do ageee they needed to make someone other than Kelce beat them at times.  

Crazy game to attend. Both teams left it all on the field. Penalties seemed to stop Ravens drives and really hurt us. 

We had 29 yards or whatever passing in the first half...I had serious concerns about Lamar as a long term QB before, but now I really do after seeing him in person. I don’t think he can win a big game with his arm. It seems like Crabtree was mailing it in more than half of his snaps (Reminded me of Flacco as a wide-out). The Chiefs contained the run (including Lamar) great today, and they’re a below average defense. Don’t get me wrong, he’s the new shiny toy and he’s won a few games against poor teams, but we’re not winning against Pitt, NE, or KC in the playoffs. 

It was mentioned earlier, but where is Hayden Hurst?

The 15 hits on Patrick were great. You have to win games like that, especially on the road. 

13 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Mark Sanchez started today.

So an old Sanchez is worse than Lamar I will give you that. So Lamar is second worst.

• Confused 1

100.5 quarterback rating for Lamar yesterday.   He wasn't perfect by any means, but that's the best he's looked all year so far.   Has to be well above average for someone making their 4th career NFL start.

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

100.5 quarterback rating for Lamar yesterday.   He wasn't perfect by any means, but that's the best he's looked all year so far.   Has to be well above average for someone making their 4th career NFL start.

He was absolutely awful. The few passes that were caught were off target.  And he fumbled again. Any other player who fumbled as much as Lamar would be in Harbaughs dog house.  

24 minutes ago, atomic said:

He was absolutely awful. The few passes that were caught were off target.  And he fumbled again. Any other player who fumbled as much as Lamar would be in Harbaughs dog house.  

Alright, I'm convinced.  We should go back to Flacco.  At least with him we never had to worry about fumbles, interceptions, or inaccurate passing.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, atomic said:

Talk about big contracts:  is Brandon William's still on the team?  I dont even notice him anymore.

You clearly missed the screen pass where William's almost broke it up because he got to the QB and then turned around a motored it back 15 yards to clean up the RB.

34 minutes ago, atomic said:

If you want to call that fumble Lamars fault you clearly know nothing about football.

Houston was in the backfield in less than 2.00 seconds.

14 hours ago, section18 said:

If that was "scolding," I'd hate to imagine what a real talk down would have looked like.  Looked like a very civil, organized conversation between two veterans and a rookie, something that I'm sure several people would argue they haven't seen this season.

I love CJ Mosley.  I really do.  But, he is awful in pass coverage.  On both of those big plays, Mosley got beat in pass coverage.  Weddle isn't great against the pass either, but why they would have him blitz and leave Mosley to cover, after already giving up the big play earlier, was baffling.  He's not Ray Lewis, stop thinking that he can cover all corners of the field.  It seems like every single time he drops into coverage something bad is going to happen.