Rene88

New manager

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

From Roch:

Astros bench coach Joe Espada won’t interview for the job, which is his choice. 

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/12/orioles-claim-rio-ruiz-off-waivers-and-other-notes.html

As the saying goes, there's only 30 of those jobs.  I guess he'd rather wait for a better opportunity, however long it takes.

An actual scoop from the local beat.  wow.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Are the Orioles the first team to not have a manager during the winter meetings? It sure makes you wonder.

It doesn’t make me wonder.  The GM hasn’t been on the job that long and there’s no hurry.    

I wasn't poking fun at Mike. I was just trying to say that it has to be unusual for a MLB team not to have a manager at the winter meetings. I won't be surprised if Mike hires someone while at the winter meetings.

Heard Alex Cora on MLB Network Radio earlier today. He says his starters will pitch their first games on March 14th, and he has already plotted out his rotation for most of the 2019 season.

At this point I think ME needs to hire one of the guys who has ML managing experience. It's very late in the game for a manager to hire a full coaching staff and just begin to plan out spring training. For a guy who's never done it before, it's a big ask, and there's a good possibility that it doesn't turn out well. We know we're going to lose a ton of games, but at least we can be well organized.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Blech.    Wasn’t impressed when he was in DC.

I've seen some clips of him leading the Dominican team, "Aguilas Cibaenas", the winner of the Caribbean Series in the Winter League last year.

• Upvote 1