Sign in to follow this  
Rene88

Hyde: New O’s Manager

56 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

We got the GM and manager that everyone else wanted. It’s good to be an O’s fan.

So, the other four teams that interviewed Hyde didn't hire him even thought they wanted him? MMMMMaybe not.

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

So, the other four teams that interviewed Hyde didn't hire him even thought they wanted him? MMMMMaybe not.

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I like the hires but this isn't accurate.

tenor.gif?itemid=9297305

42 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Was the money right? Terms? Did he reject any of them?

Really nice article by the Post’s Dave Sheinin on the Hyde presser. It’s just the same quotes we’ve all heard, but Sheinin packages them to show how Hyde impressively appealed to his different audiences yesterday.   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/2018/12/17/brandon-hyde-hits-all-right-notes-introduction-orioles-new-manager/

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, scOtt said:

I think Elias and Sig are great, Hyde too. Somehow I think I think I'm MORE excited that the Bros are in charge and that they're not "being in charge." They hired Mike and are letting him and the rest run with it. Truly a new era in AngelO's baseball! :excited:

Big time truth. Did you notice that Elias didn't mention ownership once? Nothing like: "Of course we'll discuss with ownership" etc. He spoke of his own opinions of Hyde, and why he liked him. I think that's VERY healthy.

To the Angelbros credit... they were NOWHERE to be seen. That's pretty much perfect, IMO. John and Lou seem to get it. I think they see the playing field pretty clearly. And I suspect they've been waiting for YEARS to do this the right way.

John in particular seems to have a stewardship mentality. Again, perfect for a successful owner... 

Now, let's see what these amazing people can do. I think there'll be a lot less head-scratching around here... 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

We got the GM and manager that everyone else wanted. It’s good to be an O’s fan.

I know... and I believe it's 100% due to the shift in ownership. In other words, I think this is the new normal... If so, hell yeah! 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

"Bunzzz" is the actual name of the bar? Are they sure it's not located on 400 block of East Baltimore Street? 

Or behind Hooters? 😎

Anyhoo

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

"Bunzzz" is the actual name of the bar? Are they sure it's not located on 400 block of East Baltimore Street? 

Just opened about two weeks ago. My friends say nice place with many Tv's. Many sports bars have failed around the harbor. Should be interesting.

MLB Tonight on Brandon Hyde.  It sounds like an OH thread.  Amsinger - the most important thing is getting Davis tradeable.  Byrnes - look at all the young guys, think where we'll be 3-4 years down the road...grab the bull by the horns.

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-on-brandon-hyde/c-2521194183?tid=49502912

1 hour ago, weams said:

He was great on Hot Stove MLB Network today. 

Rosenthal - "How difficult is it to put together a staff at this late stage in the offseason...?

Hyde - "To put together a staff this late, fortunately, you know, I've been in, you know, professional baseball for a while now so I have a lot of names, I have a lot of contacts, I have a lot of friends in the game, and so it's going to be a process. I have no idea.  I've never put a staff together, especially one this late,  so we'll see."